Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development TODO: Add Javascript for Reply and New Post Autosave Post 303028908 by Neo on Friday 18th of January 2019 12:21:53 AM
Old 01-18-2019
TODO: Add Javascript for Reply and New Post Autosave

TODO:

Add a some javascript to:
  • Autosave to browser localstorage when a member is creating a new post or replying to a thread (rewriting any prior text in autosave).
  • Create a button on the editor to load the text stored in the autosave function.

Difficulty:
  • Easy.

Estimated Time to Complete and Test:
  • 30 minutes to one hour, including testing.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if this post is easy to read so is to reply !!!

i have a html file with uploads a file and sends the username to a .cgi file using post method. the part of code in the cgi file is as below. i am able to get the filename but not able to get the username thats getting posted to the file how to know the value of username. i am trying to store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasidhdv
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cann't post reply or create new threads

Hi Admin I got the error message as follows when I reply or create new thread. To reply to threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 9 posts. Is there any problems with my account? How I can reach the 10 replies? I cann't post any replies now. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I cannot post new thread and reply after register

Hi, Admin, I have met a problem that I cannot post new thread and reply after register. It reminds some information as shown in the below: case 1: To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. case 2: To reply to threads in this forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to post or reply thread after login

I am unable to post reply to a thread. Whenever I will reply to any post I get the message every time : The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. Even though length of the message is more than required. for example I tried to post ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies

6. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Not able to reply to a post

I have a trouble here. I posted couple of questions and got some reply but when i go ahead and do a reply/quick reply to the question asked it doesn't goes. it simply keep on displaying the message "Posting quick reply please wait" and that wait never ends. I am not able to do a reply :(... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Simple Autosave and Recovery for Forum WYSIWYG Editors

Well, after causing Don Cragun to lose some replies when working on a few feature, I decided to create a simple autosave / recovery program that will autosave locally on key (key stroke) changes (and mouse clicks as well). NOTE. Works well in Chrome Works OK in Safari, but is not reliable... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
Round(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Round(3pm)

NAME
Math::Round - Perl extension for rounding numbers SYNOPSIS
use Math::Round qw(...those desired... or :all); $rounded = round($scalar); @rounded = round(LIST...); $rounded = nearest($target, $scalar); @rounded = nearest($target, LIST...); # and other functions as described below DESCRIPTION
Math::Round supplies functions that will round numbers in different ways. The functions round and nearest are exported by default; others are available as described below. "use ... qw(:all)" exports all functions. FUNCTIONS
round LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Num- bers that are halfway between two integers are rounded "to infinity"; i.e., positive values are rounded up (e.g., 2.5 becomes 3) and neg- ative values down (e.g., -2.5 becomes -3). round_even LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Num- bers that are halfway between two integers are rounded to the nearest even number; e.g., 2.5 becomes 2, 3.5 becomes 4, and -2.5 becomes -2. round_odd LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Num- bers that are halfway between two integers are rounded to the nearest odd number; e.g., 3.5 becomes 3, 4.5 becomes 5, and -3.5 becomes -3. round_rand LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Num- bers that are halfway between two integers are rounded up or down in a random fashion. For example, in a large number of trials, 2.5 will become 2 half the time and 3 half the time. nearest TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to infinity. For example: nearest(10, 44) yields 40 nearest(10, 46) 50 nearest(10, 45) 50 nearest(25, 328) 325 nearest(.1, 4.567) 4.6 nearest(10, -45) -50 nearest_ceil TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to the ceiling, i.e. the next algebraically higher multiple. For example: nearest_ceil(10, 44) yields 40 nearest_ceil(10, 45) 50 nearest_ceil(10, -45) -40 nearest_floor TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to the floor, i.e. the next algebraically lower multiple. For example: nearest_floor(10, 44) yields 40 nearest_floor(10, 45) 40 nearest_floor(10, -45) -50 nearest_rand TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded up or down in a random fashion. For example, in a large number of trials, "nearest(10, 45)" will yield 40 half the time and 50 half the time. nlowmult TARGET, LIST Returns the next lower multiple of the number(s) in LIST. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are between two multiples of the target will be adjusted to the nearest multiples of LIST that are algebraically lower. For example: nlowmult(10, 44) yields 40 nlowmult(10, 46) 40 nlowmult(25, 328) 325 nlowmult(.1, 4.567) 4.5 nlowmult(10, -41) -50 nhimult TARGET, LIST Returns the next higher multiple of the number(s) in LIST. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are between two multiples of the target will be adjusted to the nearest multiples of LIST that are algebraically higher. For example: nhimult(10, 44) yields 50 nhimult(10, 46) 50 nhimult(25, 328) 350 nhimult(.1, 4.512) 4.6 nhimult(10, -49) -40 STANDARD FLOATING-POINT DISCLAIMER Floating-point numbers are, of course, a rational subset of the real numbers, so calculations with them are not always exact. In order to avoid surprises because of this, these routines use a value for one-half that is very slightly larger than 0.5. Nevertheless, if the num- bers to be rounded are stored as floating-point, they will be subject, as usual, to the mercies of your hardware, your C compiler, etc. Thus, numbers that are supposed to be halfway between two others may be stored in a slightly different way and thus behave surprisingly. AUTHOR
Math::Round was written by Geoffrey Rommel <GROMMEL@cpan.org> in October 2000. perl v5.8.8 2006-12-02 Round(3pm)