Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New) Post 303028878 by Neo on Thursday 17th of January 2019 07:29:24 AM
Old 01-17-2019
Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far, here is the logic and current awards for this badge (with fanfare).

If your userid is not in these arrays and you think it should be, please let me know via PM (and why, including any links to any forum bugs you have reported and your bug report).

Thanks.

Code:
<?php
$debugger_L4 = array('1'); 
$debugger_L3 = array('Reserved'); 
$debugger_L2 = array('Reserved'); 
$debugger_L1 = array('37127', '302034745', '302122727'); 

if (in_array($uid, $debugger_L4)) { 
    $color['fabug'] = 'black'; 
} elseif (in_array($uid, $debugger_L3)) { 
    $color['fabug'] = 'indigo'; 
} elseif (in_array($uid, $debugger_L2)) { 
    $color['fabug'] = 'blue'; 
} elseif (in_array($uid, $debugger_L1)) { 
    $color['fabug'] = 'limegreen'; 
} else { 
    $color['fabug'] = 'lightgray'; 
}

Please do not be shy. Everyone knows I am very busy coding and developing and so if I forgot your past bug report, that does not mean you are not important, I just don't have time to go back and search all prior posts at this time. Just send me a PM or email with your GOOD well written bug report info and the forum links to it and I'm happy to add you to the "Bug Hunter" Team!
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. Web Development

Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II

Part II: Current PHP file Beta 73 Not Optimized: <?php $version = 73; $query = "SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user WHERE userid='" . $uid . "'"; $usertable = $db->query_read_slave($query); $modaluser = $db->fetch_array($usertable); $modaluser = gmdate("d F Y", $modaluser); $modaluser... (48 Replies)
48 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
apport-bug(1)						      General Commands Manual						     apport-bug(1)

NAME
apport-bug, apport-collect - file a bug report using Apport, or update an existing report SYNOPSIS
apport-bug apport-bug symptom | pid | package | program path | .apport/.crash file apport-collect report-number DESCRIPTION
apport-bug reports problems to your distribution's bug tracking system, using Apport to collect a lot of local information about your sys- tem to help the developers to fix the problem and avoid unnecessary question/answer turnarounds. You should always start with running apport-bug without arguments, which will present a list of known symptoms. This will generate the most useful bug reports. If there is no matching symptom, you need to determine the affected program or package yourself. You can provide a package name or program name to apport-bug, e. g.: apport-bug firefox apport-bug /usr/bin/unzip In order to add more information to the bug report that could help the developers to fix the problem, you can also specify a process ID instead: $ pidof gnome-terminal 5139 $ apport-bug 5139 As a special case, to report a bug against the Linux kernel, you do not need to use the full package name (such as linux- image-2.6.28-4-generic); you can just use apport-bug linux to report a bug against the currently running kernel. Finally, you can use this program to report a previously stored crash or bug report: apport-bug /var/crash/_bin_bash.1000.crash apport-bug /tmp/apport.firefox.332G9t.apport Bug reports can be written to a file by using the --save option or by using apport-cli. apport-bug detects whether KDE or Gnome is running and calls apport-gtk or apport-kde accordingly. If neither is available, or the session does not run under X11, it calls apport-cli for a command-line client. UPDATING EXISTING REPORTS
apport-collect collects the same information as apport-bug, but adds it to an already reported problem you have submitted. This is useful if the report was not originally filed through Apport, and the developers ask you to attach information from your system. OPTIONS
Please see the apport-cli(1) manpage for possible options. ENVIRONMENT
APPORT_IGNORE_OBSOLETE_PACKAGES Apport refuses to create bug reports if the package or any dependency is not current. If this environment variable is set, this check is waived. Experts who will thoroughly check the situation before filing a bug report can define this in their ~/.bashrc or temporarily on the command line when calling apport-bug. SEE ALSO
apport-cli(1) AUTHOR
apport and the accompanying tools are developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. Martin Pitt September 08, 2009 apport-bug(1)