Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Registration Modal for UNIX.COM Post 303028865 by joeyg on Wednesday 16th of January 2019 12:54:11 PM
Old 01-16-2019
I did a little testing of various scenarios, and perhaps no easy way around the 'captcha', but if I pick a username already in use (but do not know this) and go through all the steps including the captcha... then the computer tells me the username is taken, I must go through the captcha all over again. It does not remember that I am human.
As I said, maybe a side-effect of the 'captcha'; but I sense people picking usernames already taken and thus having to do it all over again each time.
This User Gave Thanks to joeyg For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove my registration and last post from Unix Forums

Hi I obviously shouldn't have registered with this website for help, please can you remove my registration and last post. It has now been sorted elsewhere. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to delete registration please?

How do I delete my registration please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amaitland
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Need help with forum registration

i can not register, please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: friender@mail
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Problem with registration

When I'm trying to register it says that my e-mail adress )is banned by administrator. Why? Thanks PS The same problem occurs with other 2 adresses I have (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mihail
1 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registration request.

Hi, i got several questions regarding Solaris 10 configuration which i would like to ask here. Unfortunately Russia is blacklisted so I cannot register the normal way. My IP is: 5.19.nnn.nnn email: <removed> Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nongrato
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character first registration

friends I have the following code that works perfect while read linea do largo=${#linea} echo "largo es///////////: $largo " if then echo "Longitud De Registro Invalida" echo " $linea > ERROR DE LONGITUD" >> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies
fprintd(1)																fprintd(1)

NAME
fprintd - Fingerprint management daemon, and test applications SYNOPSYS
fprintd-enroll [username] fprintd-list username [usernames...] fprintd-verify [-f finger] [usename] fprintd-delete username [usernames...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the fprintd command-line utilities. The fprintd daemon is accessed through D-Bus by those command-line utilities. ARGUMENTS
username The username for the user for which you want to query or modify the fingerprint database. Not that fprintd-list and fprintd-delete require at least one username to be passed, and support multiple usernames. fprintd-enroll and fprintd-verify will use the current username if none are passed on the command-line. -f finger For fprintd-enroll, the finger to enroll. Possible values are: left-thumb, left-index-finger, left-middle-finger, left-ring-finger, left-little-finger, right-thumb, right-index-finger, right- middle-finger, right-ring-finger, right-little-finger. The default is automatic, selecting the first available finger for swipe devices, or all the enrolled fingers, for press devices. TEST APPLICATIONS
fprintd-enroll Will enroll the user's right index finger into the database. fprintd-list Will list the user's enrolled fingerprints. fprintd-verify Will enroll the user's right index finger into the database. fprintd-enroll Will enroll the user's right index finger into the database. AUTHOR
fprintd was written by Bastien Nocera and Daniel Drake. DIRECTORIES
By default, fprintd stores the fingerprints in /var/lib/fprint/ SEE ALSO
dbus-daemon, gnome-about-me freedesktop 2010-08-16 fprintd(1)