Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh freezes when run using different user ID Post 303028854 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 16th of January 2019 07:38:31 AM
Old 01-16-2019
I would start by looking for sudo logged events

redhat based linux systems like centos

Code:
  /var/log/secure

debian based OS like ubuntu

Code:
  /var/log/auth.log

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

making ssh run without password

Hello Everybody, Could anyone please tell me how to get ssh to work without asking for passwords? (i want to do a ssh <hostname> without getting a request for a password but getting connected straight away) I have attempted the following but to no avail :( ... I tried to generate a SSH... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkap
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a command in different machine using SSH

how to run a command in different machie in my case script will runs in solaries machine.. in one instance it has to run a command in different machine with different operating system ( linux ) using SSH command i tried ssh -l (login_name) (machine name/host ) " command " but it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a set of commands through ssh

I need to run a set of commands on a remote machine using ssh. it should also collect output and return status of each command. Can someone help me how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Run command on sc via ssh

when i run a command on ALOM via ssh i get following error ssh root@10.23.12.51 showhosts Password: Waiting for daemons to initialize... Daemons ready shell: Invalid credentials how can i run commands without actually loging to the sc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

6. AIX

passwordless entry using ssh from one user to a different user on the same server

Hi, We have a requirement to do passwordless entry from one user to a different user on the same AIX server using ssh keys. Can some one help me with this? Thanks in advance, Panditt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh run script error

Hello when try to excute the following ssh -l pla 10.287.60.55 vis_fil vis_fil not found. but it works fine when login to the server. can you help me run this command in one online because i will add later to shell script regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to hide shell terminal and run prompt program after ssh login for specified user

Hey guys, I have some task from my office to lock user on the specified directory after the user logged on using ssh. And then run prompt program to fill the required information. Yeah, just like an ATM system. My question: How could I do those?? AFAIK I have to edit the ~./bashrc. But the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run application using ssh

I'm testing a C++ based application (HLR) in my solaris system. Whenever i start the application remotely from some other solaris server using ssh command the application throws an error and goes down. command i used: ssh root@192.168.151.77 "./start_hlr.sh" Below is the error observed : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run command after ssh

Hello, I am trying to create a ksh script to login to server and collect gather output of some command to troubleshoot some issue. DATE=`date +%b.%d.%Y.%M.%H` echo " Enter emp id to login to server" read Eid Eid=$Eid echo " Enter hostname of the system" read HOST HOST=$HOST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)