Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating filesystem in LDOMs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Creating filesystem in LDOMs Post 303028844 by anaigini45 on Wednesday 16th of January 2019 04:51:56 AM
Old 01-16-2019
Creating filesystem in LDOMs

Hi,

I have a task of creating a UFS filesystem in an LDOM. It is located in a hypervisor (CDOM).
The storage has been provisioned to the CDOM. How do I make it reflect to the LDOM, and then from there configure/set up the filesystem in the LDOM?

Please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Creating a shell script to check filesystem space

I need to create a simple shell script to check filesystems space in a file system called "/arch_nb" then based on the percentage use either run another script or exit. I was thinking of something simple along the lines of: df -k | then some action to pipe for percentage used ...place... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
10 Replies

2. AIX

Creating a shared filesystem

Hi everybody, Is it possible to create a Shared Filesystem on Network to be accessed from 2 Systems? Both systems are AIX but with different versions. One of these systems is AIX 4.3 & the other is AIX 5.2. Thanks in advanced (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
8 Replies

3. Solaris

How to correctly allocate size while creating FileSystem

Hello - I am finding difficulty in creating and allocating correct size to File Systems on solarix x86 box. Please see below contents I followed on screen and in the end It shows that /app file system is created of size 135GB , I wanted it to be 30gb as mentioned during 'format' command in 'Enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
7 Replies

4. Solaris

creating new filesystem

# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 4.5G 4.3G 129M 98% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% /system/contract proc 0K 0K ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating filesystem of 2MB size

Hi all, I would like to ask on how to create 2MB partition on a Compact Flash card. It supposed to be of FAT12 type, and the CF capacity is 4GB. I try to do the partitioning and specify the size as 2MB but the partition editor automatically resize it to 8MB. I know that this is possible and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: archayl
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Creating filesystem on new LUN

I'm new to linux and need information on how do I create a filesytem on a dedicated on LUN for RHEL 4 and 5? I want the filesystem to be a ext3 ---------- Post updated at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:56 AM ---------- Found the answer. This thread can be closed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

7. Linux

Creating Filesystem using DD for LVM

I created a new filesystem using dd and mounted: I have a filesystem /FAW with 1Terra space /dev/sdb1 1151331444 24742604 1068104612 3% /FAW Steps I followed to create a new filesystem # dd if=/dev/zero of=/FAW/vms/linux_vm/disk2.img bs=1 count=1024 seek=500G # mke2fs... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

9. AIX

Error encountered in creating a filesystem

Hi experts, Need help on the below error please. I am creating Filesystem and it fails with the below errors :( Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0518-506 odmget: Cannot open object class PdAt ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
10 Replies

10. AIX

Process using/creating files in the filesystem

Hello Team, In a application filesystem, there is a process keep creating the log files. Due to that the filesystem keep getting full. Please let me know how to identify the process which is keep writing in the filesystem. fuser -u <FS> will show only the user who using the filesystem.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies
numa_sched_launch(5)						File Formats Manual					      numa_sched_launch(5)

NAME
numa_sched_launch - change process default launch policy VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values unless the application requires explicit different behavior. DESCRIPTION
The dynamic tunable controls the default launch policy for newly created processes. The process launch policy controls the initial place- ment of the child process at creation time. The scheduler can migrate threads from one locality domain (LDOM) to another to distribute workload for better throughput and responsiveness. The default launch policy is applicable only to processes that have no explicit launch policy, processor binding, or LDOM binding applied to them (see mpctl(2) for details). There are three possible values of this tunable: This value explicitly disables any change in the default launch policy for processes irrespective of the system configuration. A newly created process will be placed using the legacy default launch policy. This is the default and recommended value. HP-UX will autosense the right policy setting based on system configuration. This policy directs HP-UX to optimize the launch policy for multi-process applications that share data. Such applications can get better performance when the applications are packed together in the same LDOM. The policy will cause child processes created using to be placed in the same locality domain as the parent process. Note that a different default launch policy may be used in the future with new system configurations for improved application performance when this tunable is enabled. Processes created using will be treated as if they are a new application and will continue to be launched using the legacy default launch policy. This value explicitly enables the new default launch policy for processes. A process created using is placed in the same locality domain as its parent process irrespective of the system configuration. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who prefer to explicitly control the default launch policy for applications even when LORA (Locality Optimized Resource Alignment) mode is enabled (see numa_policy(5) for details). Restrictions on Changing The tunable changes take effect immediately. However, changes to this tunable will not affect processes that are already created. Such processes will need to be stopped and restarted to be launched with a modified tunable setting. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 0? The value of should be set to to preserve the legacy process default launch policy even when the system is configured in LORA mode. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 1? The value of should be set to to improve the performance of multi-process applications. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 2? The value of should be set to when a multi-process application is likely to see improved performance even if the system is not configured for LORA mode. What Are the Side Effects of Changing the Value? The distribution of CPU utilization across the system will change. This situation can result in a change in performance. The change in performance is highly dependent on the workload and the partition configuration. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
fork(2), mpctl(2), vfork(2), numa_policy(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters numa_sched_launch(5)