Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Yum install command -errors
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Yum install command -errors Post 303028746 by Neo on Monday 14th of January 2019 06:11:43 AM
Old 01-14-2019
It's toward the bottom of this page, below the "quick reply editor", above "similar threads" in a big blue button that says "Go Advanced" ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

install yum

I have a centos 4.x box and for some reason yum is not installed on it. Is there a howto on how to do this? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
3 Replies

2. Linux

[help] can not install KDE by yum

Hi, I installed Fedora 7 without GNOME and KDE from DVD. Using console is not convenient, so I would like to install KDE. I do some step like this: ---------------------------- 1. I use local repository from DVD: /mnt/dvd 2. from command windown: # yum groupinstall KDE ..................... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kholostoi
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

how can i get the install path from yum?

Hello all i install several application using yum in CentOS now i like to see the installed application path's where each component yum downloaded got installed how can i do that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to install using YUM

Hi, working on CentOS 5.7 64 bit. I need to install syslog-ng. First I downloaded syslog-ng RPM. When I install I get many dependencies error messages. rpm -ivh syslog-ng-3.3.3-1.mga2.x86_64.rpm warning: syslog-ng-3.3.3-1.mga2.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA1 signature: NOKEY, key ID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

5. Linux

install openoffice writer from yum

Is there a way to install openoffice writer from yum? Can I add some repository then do that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Yum cannot install from repository

Hi guys, thanks for you help on this issue. I built a dvd repository on my server and when I try to install a package from it, I get this error ftp://10.0.0.12/pub/Packages/httpd-2.2.15-26.el6.x86_64.rpm: PYCURL ERROR 9 - "Server denied you to change to the given directory" I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Yum, rpm, apt-get install command not found in Solaris

I am using solaris 10 yum command not found apt-get install command not found rpm command not found how to use yum and apt-get command in solaris how to install dhcp, openldap-servers packages in solaris (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Yum install migrationtools

Dear All, Dear Friends, AM installing openldap , during that need to install migrationtools through yum install . But when run the command " yum install migrationtools " its throughin below errors. There is not folder migrationtool is creating as you can see below. Even i tried with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chand
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
DialogBox(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DialogBox(3)

NAME
Tk::DialogBox - create and manipulate a dialog screen. SYNOPSIS
use Tk::DialogBox ... $d = $top->DialogBox(-title => "Title", -buttons => ["OK", "Cancel"]); $w = $d->add(Widget, args)->pack; ... $button = $d->Show; DESCRIPTION
DialogBox is very similar to Dialog except that it allows any widget in the top Frame. DialogBox creates two Frames, top and bottom. The bottom Frame shows all the specified Buttons, lined up from left to right. The top Frame acts as a container for all other widgets that can be added with the add() method. OPTIONS
The options recognized by DialogBox are as follows: -title Specify the title of the DialogBox. If this is not set, then the name of the program is used. -buttons The button names to display in the bottom Frame. This is a reference to an array of strings containing the text to put on each Button. There is no default value for this. If you do not specify any button names, no Buttons are displayed. -default_button Specifies the default Button that is considered invoked when user presses <Return> on the DialogBox. This Button is highlighted. If no default Button is specified, then the first element of the array whose reference is passed to the -buttons option is used as the default. -cancel_button Specifies the Button that is considered invoked when the user closes the DialogBox using the window manager's close button. If the -cancel_button option is not given, and if there's only one button configured, then this button is also used as the cancel button. Otherwise no button is considered as the cancel button; in such a case Show just returns "undef" when the user closes the DialogBox. -command A callback which is executed after invoking an action to close the DialogBox, but before restoring focus and grab information. The selected button is passed as the first argument. -focus Specify the widget to receive the initial focus after popping up the DialogBox. By default the -default_button widget receives the initial focus. -showcommand A callback which is executed before displaying the DialogBox and waiting for user input. The DialogBox itself is passed as the first argument. METHODS
DialogBox supports only two methods as of now: add(widget, options) Add the widget indicated by widget. Widget can be the name of any Tk widget (standard or contributed). options are the options that the widget accepts. The widget is advertized as a subwidget of DialogBox. The name of widget is lower-cased and used as the advertised name. If multiple instances of widget are created in the DialogBox, then only the last one gets the advertised name. add() does not automatically pack() or grid() widget into the DialogBox. Show(?-global?) Displays the Dialog until the user invokes one of the Buttons in the bottom Frame. If the grab type -global is specified, then Show uses that grab; otherwise it defaults to a local grab. Returns the name of the Button invoked. The actual Dialog is shown using the Popup method. Any other options supplied to Show are passed to Popup, and can be used to position the Dialog on the screen. Please read Tk::Popup for details. Exit() Close the dialogbox, by emulating a click on the default button. ADVERTISED WIDGETS
top The subwidget reference to the top half of the DialogBox widget, the Frame containing widgets added by the add method. bottom The subwidget reference to the bottom half of the DialogBox widget, the Frame containing the Button widgets. B_"button-text" Individual subwidget references to the Buttons in the DialogBox widget. The subwidget name is the string B_ concatenated with the Button's -text value. BUGS
There is no way of removing a widget once it has been added to the top Frame, unless you access the top subwidget and go through the child widgets. There is no control over the appearance of the Buttons in the bottom Frame nor is there any way to control the placement of the two Frames with respect to each other. AUTHOR
Rajappa Iyer rsi@earthling.net This code is distributed under the same terms as Perl. perl v5.12.1 2007-07-10 DialogBox(3)