Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Status of Badging System - Beta 1 Post 303028693 by Neo on Saturday 12th of January 2019 10:07:31 PM
Old 01-12-2019
TODO Idea:
  • Create database table and upload user "new badge" messages to the DB.
  • Create a page which updates in near real-time when users are issued new badges.
  • Create a filter selection on that page where the badge-alerts can be filtered based on status, user group id, registration time, etc.

This kind of a page will useful for both moderators and members a large.

However, this kind of page will be a specific page application, so the updates will only be seen when viewing that page, not just popping up when unwanted. Having this on a single, app-specific page will keep this from being annoying or intrusive.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

system status report script

hi i m new to this forum as well as UNIX. I've got an assignment but i don't know how can I start it. can anyone please help to tell me how can I start it? I added here few lines from my assignment. In industry, it is common for a single organisation to provide technical support for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

System status query script

Hi, I am trying to access and read certain lines from a configuration XML file on multiple servers (within the LAN). Fortunately the file name and path is always the same for all servers. An example extract of the file is as follows: <DUMMY-SMSC>false</DUMMY-SMSC> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaz8212
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Listing Live System Status

1. Edit a script named update.sh that generates status.html in your web directory: ~/public_html/. I need to write specific commands to show each specific item 2. The generated webpage should include information related to: UNIX : kernel version of ed-lab server USER : number of users on the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: devinj
13 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

5. Web Development

Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II

Part II: Current PHP file Beta 73 Not Optimized: <?php $version = 73; $query = "SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user WHERE userid='" . $uid . "'"; $usertable = $db->query_read_slave($query); $modaluser = $db->fetch_array($usertable); $modaluser = gmdate("d F Y", $modaluser); $modaluser... (48 Replies)
48 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
math::combinatorics(n)						 Tcl Math Library					    math::combinatorics(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
math::combinatorics - Combinatorial functions in the Tcl Math Library SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require math ?1.2.3? ::math::ln_Gamma z ::math::factorial x ::math::choose n k ::math::Beta z w _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The math package contains implementations of several functions useful in combinatorial problems. COMMANDS
::math::ln_Gamma z Returns the natural logarithm of the Gamma function for the argument z. The Gamma function is defined as the improper integral from zero to positive infinity of t**(x-1)*exp(-t) dt The approximation used in the Tcl Math Library is from Lanczos, ISIAM J. Numerical Analysis, series B, volume 1, p. 86. For "x > 1", the absolute error of the result is claimed to be smaller than 5.5*10**-10 -- that is, the resulting value of Gamma when exp( ln_Gamma( x) ) is computed is expected to be precise to better than nine significant figures. ::math::factorial x Returns the factorial of the argument x. For integer x, 0 <= x <= 12, an exact integer result is returned. For integer x, 13 <= x <= 21, an exact floating-point result is returned on machines with IEEE floating point. For integer x, 22 <= x <= 170, the result is exact to 1 ULP. For real x, x >= 0, the result is approximated by computing Gamma(x+1) using the ::math::ln_Gamma function, and the result is expected to be precise to better than nine significant figures. It is an error to present x <= -1 or x > 170, or a value of x that is not numeric. ::math::choose n k Returns the binomial coefficient C(n, k) C(n,k) = n! / k! (n-k)! If both parameters are integers and the result fits in 32 bits, the result is rounded to an integer. Integer results are exact up to at least n = 34. Floating point results are precise to better than nine significant figures. ::math::Beta z w Returns the Beta function of the parameters z and w. Beta(z,w) = Beta(w,z) = Gamma(z) * Gamma(w) / Gamma(z+w) Results are returned as a floating point number precise to better than nine significant digits provided that w and z are both at least 1. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. math 1.2.3 math::combinatorics(n)