Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple selective keyword Report Post 303028625 by rbatte1 on Friday 11th of January 2019 10:44:14 AM
Old 01-11-2019
Hello ckwan,

After 60 posts, I'd hope you could help us out a little here. I have a few to questions pose in response first:-
  • Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • Are the line numbers to display meant to just be sequential in the output or to represent the line it is found in the input?
    • Where you have two items found being written on the same output line, which input line would you want it to refer to?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.

Kind regards,
Robin
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple search keyword in grep

Dear All, I have a file containing info like TID:0903 asdfasldjflsdjf TID:0945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:1945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh I need to show only lines containing TID:0903 asdfasldjflsdjf TID:0945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective input passing, for cron with multiple interval

0,0 4,5 11 11 * /pkgs/roots/scripts/job_monitor.ksh i have the requirement like, for the first time(4) the script should have the input parameter as "Value1" but the second time(5) it should have the input parameter as "Value2" Can we achieve this using any cron options ? If yes, How..??... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 2 column data into multiple columns based on a keyword in a row??

Hi Friends I have the following input data in 2 columns. SNo 1 I1 Value I2 Value I3 Value SNo 2 I4 Value I5 Value I6 Value I7 Value SNo 3 I8 Value I9 Value ............... ................ SNo N (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Multiple lines below a keyword using SED?

I have 9,000 + html files. I am using the following to remove the content from a certain line up for i in `ls` do sed '1,569d' $i > $i.bak done This will remove the unwanted formatting keeping the content I need which changes in each HTML file. the problem I have now is that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to develop a script to create a report reading multiple server logs

I am currently trying to develop a script to connect to mulltiple servers, reading specifc data from log files on the servers and append the data from each file into a single tab delimited row. So, at the end I am planning to have a report with all the extracted data with each row per server. I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptingnewbie
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

selective grep

Hello, I have been using the command below for file manipulation. while read A B; do grep $f1; done < f2 > f3 So, if a certain string is found in f2 (for ex; DOG243435) and it is also present in f1, then print that string plus the contents of the line in which it was found onto f3. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with selective ls

Hi all :wall: Can anyone advise how do I use ls to do a selective amd sorted listing of file that I want to have as below? Am looking for files that are named as log_<nnnn>.txt, where <nnnn> are numeric, i.e. I want to have a listing sorted from the newest to the oldest of files that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective grouping

I have a text file in this format. Group: AAA Notes: IP : 11.11.11.11 #User xxxxxxxxx #Password aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Group: AAA Notes: IP : 11.11.11.22 #User yyyyyyyyyyyyy #Password bbbbbbbbbbbbb (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help: Script to report timestamp of directories in a specific path from multiple Linux server

Need help Please help on how to write a script which can echo timestamp, size of subdirectories in a specific path from multiple Linux servers to a text file. I can ssh with a common user to all the servers from a build box. Basic idea what I had was: ssh <commonuser>@<each box> cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhichadaga
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies
TUNA(8) 						  System Administration Utilities						   TUNA(8)

NAME
tuna - program for tuning running processes SYNOPSIS
tuna [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains the tuna program. The program can be used to change the attributes of application and kernel threads. The tuna can operate on IRQs by name or number, and tasks or threads by process ID or command-line. CPUs and sets of CPUs can be specified by CPU or socket number. IRQ names and process command-lines can include wildcards. tuna can change scheduling policy, scheduler priority and processor affinity for processes and process threads. tuna can also change the processor affinity for interrupts. When tuna is invoked without any options it starts up in its graphical interface mode. This manual page explains only the command-line options for tuna OPTIONS
tuna has both action options and modifier options. Modifier options must be specified on the command-line before the actions they are intended to modify. Any modifier option applies to following actions on the same command-line until it is over-ridden. Actions -h, --help Print a list of options. tuna will exit after this action, ignoring the remainder of the command-line. -g, --gui Start the GUI. Actions that follow this on the command-line will be processed without waiting for the GUI to complete. -a, --config_file_apply=profilename Apply changes described in profile -l, --config_file_list List preloaded profiles -i, --isolate Move all threads away from CPU-LIST. Requires -c or -S. -I, --include Allow all threads to run on CPU-LIST. Requires -c or -S. -m, --move Move selected entities to CPU-LIST. Requires -c and either -t or -q. -p, --priority=[POLICY:]RTPRIO Set thread scheduler tunables: POLICY and RTPRIO. POLICY is one of OTHER, FIFO, RR, or BATCH. Requires -t. -P, --show_threads Show thread list. -s, --save=FILENAME Save kthreads sched tunables to FILENAME. -v, --version Show version -W, --what_is Provides help about selected entities. Requires -t. -x, --spread Spread selected entities over CPU-LIST. Requires at least one of -t or -q. The specified threads and IRQs are each assigned to one cpu in CPU-LIST. Modifiers -c, --cpus=CPU-LIST CPU-LIST affected by commands. Requires a CPU number or a comma-separated list of CPU numbers. -C, --affect_children Operation will affect children threads. -f, --filter Disable display of selected CPUs in --gui. Requires -c -G, --cgroup Display the processes with the type of cgroups they are in. Requires -P -K, --no_kthreads Operations will not affect kernel threads. -q, --irqs=IRQ-LIST IRQ-LIST affected by commands. Requires an IRQ number or a comma-separated list of IRQ numbers. -S, --sockets=CPU-SOCKET-LIST CPU-SOCKET-LIST affected by commands. Requires a socket number or a comma-separated list of socket numbers. -t, --threads=THREAD-LIST THREAD-LIST affected by commands. Requires a thread number or thread name, or a comma-separated list of thread numbers and/or names. Thread names may contain wildcards. Be sure to quote or escape any wildcard specifications. -U, --no_uthreads Operations will not affect user threads. USAGE EXAMPLES
If for instance the Ethernet NICs have multiple queues for both receive and transmit, each with its own IRQ, the Ethernet IRQs can be asso- ciated with a CPU socket: tuna -S 2 -i -q 'eth*' -x Move everything off the CPUs in socket 2, then spread the IRQs for the Ethernet devices acrross those same CPUs. tuna February 2010 TUNA(8)