Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Install Zabbix agent on Solaris 11 Post 303028609 by 000vikas on Friday 11th of January 2019 04:00:42 AM
Old 01-11-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Guys,

You don't need to jump to writing a startup script until you install the binary files, the config files; and manually start of the process to make sure it works.

Just install (copy) the zabbix binaries to any bin folder you want (based on other installations if that makes you happy), and install (copy) the config files to somewhere in /etc, like /etc/zabbix

Then, try to start the zabbix agent.

It will give you an error.

The error will be something like "cannot find config file in /etc/zabbix.config.blah.blah and the move to the config file to where the zabbix agent wants it to be.

If you did something like this, you would already have it up and running. It's not rocket science Smilie

You (sph919) are looking for a clear instruction on something you can easily do in less than a 1/2 hour with a bit of trial and error.

PS: Your server will not catch on fire if you try to get zabbix up and running by trial and error Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris agent

Hello, on Solaris 5.8 I've installed SunMgtCenter to get the time agent; it's under /opt/SUNWsymon/sbin/es-start -a it's in ps -ef | grep agent ...but it doesn't work; the machine is always in alarm cause the time is different of the clock server; is it clear enough ? tks cc (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing SNMP Agent on Solaris Systems

Hi, I am trying to apply the steps in the below link: http://manageengine.adventnet.com/products/applications_manager/help/appendix/snmp-agent-discovery.html#solaris but I couldn't continue with the step number 2 ... what is the path of C compiler. export PATH=<gcc path>:$PATH ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to install Tripwire agent Solaris servers

Hi , Please help me to install Tripwire agent in one of my Solaris 5.9 server. I have a zipped copy of the agent file in my local drive. When trying to ftping the file from local drive to the server its showing error as " cannot copy the files" Please help me to solve this issue. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

A Review of Zabbix - Zabbix Rules! (Part 1)

Tim Bass 03-20-2009 07:02 AM Source... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

A Review of Zabbix - Zabbix Rules! (Part 2)

Tim Bass 03-23-2009 03:45 PM Source... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. AIX

Help me install Backup Exec (formerlly owned by Veritas) agent on AIX machine :(

Hi all. I hope someone could give me a hand on installing Backup Exec agent on AIX machine :( Agent: OS: AIX 5.3 Hostname: DB-HN-SRV02 IP: 10.1.4.64 Backup server: OS: Windows Server 2003 Hostname: backup-srv IP: 10.1.5.51 I download "Legacy Unix agent.tar", untar, then run file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Installing Zabbix on Solaris 10

Anyone has a step by step guide in installing Zabbix on Solaris 10? I'm new in this, and every help is appreciated. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolie
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

9. Solaris

VCS on Solaris: VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 (host2) Agent is unable to offline resource(DiskReservation)

hi, dear all I get a problem "VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 " on VCS 4.1 for Solaris 10. I can not offline the host2 when the raid is bad. I don't know the reason and how to offline host2 and switch to host1. please help me, thank you! the message of engine_A.log is : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ForgetChen
2 Replies

10. Solaris

OV Server on 11 - need to install agent?

Client has got a few machines with logical domains on. But I can't see the the ovs-agent service? Quite possibly I guess this has been set up with just logical domains. With no agent. Do you need to use the agent only if planning to manage with OV Manager? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
6 Replies
VSFTPD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 VSFTPD(8)

NAME
vsftpd -- Very Secure FTP Daemon SYNOPSIS
vsftpd [configuration file and / or options] DESCRIPTION
vsftpd is the Very Secure File Transfer Protocol Daemon. The server can be launched via a ``super-server'' such as inetd(8) or xinetd(8). Alternatively, vsftpd can be launched in standalone mode, in which case vsftpd itself will listen on the network. This latter mode is easier to use, and recommended. It is activated by setting listen=YES in /etc/vsftpd.conf. Direct execution of the vsftpd binary will then launch the FTP service ready for immediate client connections. OPTIONS
An optional configuration file or files may be given on the command line. These files must be owned as root if running as root. Any command line option not starting with a "-" character is treated as a config file that will be loaded. Note that config files are loaded in the strict order that they are encountered on the command line. If no config files are specified, the default configuration file of /etc/vsftpd.conf will be loaded, after all other command line options are processed. Supported options are: -v Print the version information and exit, even if other options are encountered. -ooption=value Set a single option, value pair as per the format in the config file. Multiple -o options are supported, and they are applied in strict order relative to their appearance on the command line, including intermingling with loading of config files. EXAMPLES
vsftpd -olisten=NO /etc/vsftpd.conf -oftpd_banner=blah That example overrides vsftpd's built-in default for the "listen" option to be NO, but then loads /etc/vsftpd.conf which may override that setting. Finally, the "ftpd_banner" setting is set to "blah", which overrides any default vsftpd setting and any identical setting that was in the config file. FILES
/etc/vsftpd.conf SEE ALSO
vsftpd.conf(5) March 8, 2001