Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Covert xml to csv using xsltproc in shell script Post 303028580 by mathina on Thursday 10th of January 2019 04:30:55 PM
Old 01-10-2019
Hi ,

Please find the below code which i have tried, able to get the output, but i need the output in a seperate csv file. how to perform it

Code:
xsltproc x.xslt test.xml

x.xslt code is as below
Code:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" >
<xsl:output method="text"/>

<xsl:template match ="/">
         <xsl:for-each select="Source/Product">

<xsl:value-of select="Id" />
         <xsl:text>;</xsl:text>
   <xsl:value-of select="TypeCd"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="StartDt"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="StatusCd"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="Customer/CustomerId"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="Customer/CustomerTypeCd"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="Customer/CustomerAltId1"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="Customer/Detail/DetailId"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="Customer/Detail/GroupSrcId"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="Customer/Detail/GroupSrcNm"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="Customer/Detail/DetailSeq"/>
                       <xsl:text>&#xa;</xsl:text>
                </xsl:for-each>
       </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

--- Post updated at 09:30 PM ---

Hi

I got it in seperate csv file using the command

Code:
xsltproc x.xslt test.xml > output.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

any script can be used to covert IP subnet?

say I have some netblocks, is it possible I can use a script to covert the subnet to every single ip? for example, raw file has "1.2.3.0 255.255.128.0" "2.3.4.0 255.255.255.254" and I want to run the script and print out every single IP in these netblocks. or will it be easier if I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file into CSV with shell?

Hi, It's been a few years since college when I did stuff like this all the time. Can someone help me figure out how to best tackle this problem? I need to parse a file full of entries that look like this: <eq action="A" sectyType="0" symbol="PGR" exch="CA" curr="VEF" sess="NORM"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue while using xsltproc tp parse XML in bash

I have written a bash script which opens a folder, reads all the *.xml files in it, and pulls the required data that i need from XML tags. I am using xsltproc (my xsl name) (my xml folder location/*.xml) and running this in a for each loop The problem is that some XML files are having special... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script to parse XML and generate CSV

Hi All, Hope all you are doing good! Need your help. I have an XML file which needs to be converted CSV file. I am not an expert of awk/sed so your help is highly appreciated!! XML file looks like this: <l:event dateTime="2013-03-13 07:15:54.713" layerName="OSB" processName="ABC"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xsltproc showing error in parsing xml...help required

I need to parse text between xml tags using xsltproc. It seems the easiest way. Here the Input file looks like <?xml version="1.0" ?> - <tag:ROOT xmlns:as="http://some.org/some.xsd" xmlns:tag="http://www.tag.org/schemas" xmlns:xs="http://some.org/"> - <tag:L1> - <tag:L2> - <tag:L3> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass some data from csv to xml file using shell/python

Hello gurus, I have a csv file with bunch of datas in each column. (see attached) Now I have an .xml file in the structure of below: ?xml version="1.0" ?> <component id="root" name="root"> <component id="system" name="system"> <param name="number_of_A" value="8"/> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Covert simple bash script in perl language

Hello, Anyone please covert this in perl language ######################## if ps faux | grep -v grep | grep ProcessXYZ then echo "$SERVICE is running, , everything is fine" exit 0 else echo "$SERVICE is not running" exit 2 fi Additional... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
1 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)