Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Topas - CPU count inconsistent across LPARs Post 303028573 by bakunin on Thursday 10th of January 2019 03:24:25 PM
Old 01-10-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraixadm
it apparently thinks 24 rows isn't enough to show more than 2 CPUs. stretch it to 48 and it shows all the CPUs, consistently across all the LPARs I tried.
ROFLMAO

But i would have never guessed that one (and i never had that one either), thank you for sharing. We both have learned something new today.

bakunin
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU count

Is there an easy way in Solaris to count the number of processors? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virtualization (VCPU count according to CPU)

We have purchased four intels xeon processors Intel® Xeon® Processor E7530 (12M Cache, 1.86 GHz, 5.86 GT/s Intel® QPI) with SPEC Code(s) SLBRJ As per the specification each cpu has 6 cores therefore we have 24 cores (considering 4 cpus). Now how would i calculate the number of vcpus that can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

3. AIX

topas and mpstat disagree on CPU count

I have a number of LPARs on one P520. All LPARs are running 5.3 and I observe the following: On some LPARs the number of CPUs found do not match between topas and mpstat. Server 1: $ mpstat System configuration: lcpu=4 ent=0.2 mode=Uncapped cpu min maj mpc int cs ics rq ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

CPU Count

Hi, I am observing high load average on RHEL5 server and need to check the number of core processors available on the box to give me a bigger picture on whether or not I should be worried. I have always checked the physical count quite simply..... # grep 'physical id' /proc/cpuinfo |... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
10 Replies

5. Red Hat

finding CPU count - reading sysinfo output

Hello, sysinfo throws out below 3 CPU counts. Can anyone help me understand what each of these means? CPU Count Socketed is 2 CPU Count Physical is 8 CPU Count Virtual is 16 First one seems obvious. However, I wonder how there can be 8 Physical CPUs, if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
2 Replies

6. AIX

Simple questions about LPARs

Hello, I am looking into virtualizing AIX 7.1 on our p7 machine that already has AIX 7.1 installed on it. I have a few questions about them: 1) In order to gain LPAR functionality, do I need to purchase PowerVM software? 2) I read that LPARs are managed from locally attached graphical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstring
1 Replies

7. AIX

How can i track the Communication between LPARs?

Hello Everyone, i got a question in AIX. How can i track the communication between LPARs. i mean how can we find if a program/account trying to access a directory/file inside AIX LPAR or from another LPAR ? if some one is trying to access our LPAR. where can i track those info? or a outside... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning OS using alt_disk_install to new LPARs

Hi Folks, I am working on a task - Cloning the OS from fullSystem partition to 3 new LPAR's using alt_disk_install. I just wanted to clarify my steps here. 1. alt_disk_install -CBO hdisk1 and rename it to alt1 2. alt_disk_install -CBO hdisk2 and rename it to alt2 3. alt_disk_install... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

9. AIX

Creating LPARS in AIX

Hi, I have a p520 with 2 cpus and 10gb of ram.Is it sufficient enough to create 2 lpars.What other things we have to check. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar52
2 Replies

10. AIX

To get only the cpu info from the topas command terminal

To get only the cpu info from the topas command terminal. CPU User% Kern% Wait% Idle% Physc Entc ALL 2.3 4.4 0.0 93.3 0.07 7.7 I tried some thing like this but did not work topas << done grep "ALL" q done Can someone help me in this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
5 Replies