Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Accessing REST Web Service
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Accessing REST Web Service Post 303028559 by Neo on Thursday 10th of January 2019 11:55:31 AM
Old 01-10-2019
Did you use POSTMAN on the localhost to test first? Sounds like you only tested locally with cURL?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to Call Web Service from Unix

I'm a Unix and C programming newbie, and I've been tasked with calling a web service from a legacy Unix app... I've come across libxml2 and libsoup, gnome's libraries for XML/SOAP processing... But I'm seeking guidance on the development process... :o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahooper
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a web service using perl

Hello to all, What i would like to know is how to call a web service using perl. Where can i find documentation that easy describes this procedure? Any advices will be more tha welcome. Thank you. Best Regards, Chriss_58 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call web service from Shell

Hello All, I have to import data from xml file to mysql database multi-time a day. I think it is better to write a tool to help this. So I write a web service in php. I don't know that if we can call a web service via shell script. If it can, I think we can create a cron job to help run it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hapytran
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Oracle Database and HTTPD Web Service

Hi, I have a Solaris 5.6 having an Oracle database.Now this server is being accessed by a web service interface.I cannot see anything other than httpd daemons running on my server. There is a frequent problem of the stopping of these httpd daemons . Now i am asked to find the root case.I talked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing UNIX hosted web site remotely

Hi everyone- I'm relatively new to UNIX (Primarily Oracle background), wondering if anyone can help me. I did not configure Oracle Database Control (Web-Based admin interface) on the Database Server (HP-UX), however it is running and the URL is configured with an internal IP, which users have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: campbellg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web Service in Perl CGI scripting

Hi, I have a requirement to write web service in Perl CGi scripting.The web service will be called by some external programs.Any help would be appreciated.Sample hello world program will be more helpful. Thanks, Liyakath Ali. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call perl web service from javascript?

Hi, I would like to call the below perl web service from javascript .Any help would be appreciated.I am new to web services.Please do the needful. Server Program(Perl Web Service) #!/usr/bin/perl use lib '/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/SOAP-Lite-0.65_3/lib'; use SOAP::Transport::HTTP; use Demo;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
3 Replies
RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)

NAME
RT::Client::REST::Attachment -- this object represents an attachment. SYNOPSIS
my $attachments = $ticket->attachments; my $count = $attachments->count; print "There are $count attachments. "; my $iterator = $attachments->get_iterator; while (my $att = &$iterator) { print "Id: ", $att->id, "; Subject: ", $att->subject, " "; } DESCRIPTION
An attachment is a second-class citizen, as it does not exist (at least from the current REST protocol implementation) by itself. At the moment, it is always associated with a ticket (see parent_id attribute). Thus, you will rarely retrieve an attachment by itself; instead, you should use "attachments()" method of RT::Client::REST::Ticket object to get an iterator for all attachments for that ticket. ATTRIBUTES
id Numeric ID of the attachment. creator_id Numeric ID of the user who created the attachment. parent_id Numeric ID of the object the attachment is associated with. This is not a proper attribute of the attachment as specified by REST -- it is simply to store the ID of the RT::Client::REST::Ticket object this attachment belongs to. subject Subject of the attachment. content_type Content type. file_name File name (if any). transaction_id Numeric ID of the RT::Client::REST::Transaction object this attachment is associated with. message_id Message ID. created Time when the attachment was created content Actual content of the attachment. headers Headers (not parsed), if any. parent Parent (not sure what this is yet). content_encoding Content encoding, if any. METHODS
RT::Client::REST::Attachment is a read-only object, so you cannot "store()" it. Also, because it is a second-class citizen, you cannot "search()" or "count()" it -- use "attachments()" method provided by RT::Client::REST::Ticket. retrieve To retrieve an attachment, attributes id and parent_id must be set. INTERNAL METHODS
rt_type Returns 'attachment'. SEE ALSO
RT::Client::REST::Ticket, RT::Client::REST::SearchResult. AUTHOR
Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@yahoo.com> LICENSE
Perl license with the exception of RT::Client::REST, which is GPLed. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-27 RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)