Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Accessing REST Web Service
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Accessing REST Web Service Post 303028558 by asthern14 on Thursday 10th of January 2019 11:46:17 AM
Old 01-10-2019
Accessing REST Web Service

Hello:

I have created a REST service that is currently running on a Unix server. I issued a cURL command to call the REST service and verified it's working as designed; curl --request POST command and the url I used to test it is localhost:8090/someservice/somename. I have a teammate who now wants to access this REST service via Postman. Instead of using localhost in the URL..he substituted it with the server's hostname, but he is not receiving a response.

What would the REST URL Endpoint be for this service to be called externally? Any help would be appreciated!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to Call Web Service from Unix

I'm a Unix and C programming newbie, and I've been tasked with calling a web service from a legacy Unix app... I've come across libxml2 and libsoup, gnome's libraries for XML/SOAP processing... But I'm seeking guidance on the development process... :o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahooper
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a web service using perl

Hello to all, What i would like to know is how to call a web service using perl. Where can i find documentation that easy describes this procedure? Any advices will be more tha welcome. Thank you. Best Regards, Chriss_58 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call web service from Shell

Hello All, I have to import data from xml file to mysql database multi-time a day. I think it is better to write a tool to help this. So I write a web service in php. I don't know that if we can call a web service via shell script. If it can, I think we can create a cron job to help run it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hapytran
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Oracle Database and HTTPD Web Service

Hi, I have a Solaris 5.6 having an Oracle database.Now this server is being accessed by a web service interface.I cannot see anything other than httpd daemons running on my server. There is a frequent problem of the stopping of these httpd daemons . Now i am asked to find the root case.I talked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing UNIX hosted web site remotely

Hi everyone- I'm relatively new to UNIX (Primarily Oracle background), wondering if anyone can help me. I did not configure Oracle Database Control (Web-Based admin interface) on the Database Server (HP-UX), however it is running and the URL is configured with an internal IP, which users have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: campbellg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web Service in Perl CGI scripting

Hi, I have a requirement to write web service in Perl CGi scripting.The web service will be called by some external programs.Any help would be appreciated.Sample hello world program will be more helpful. Thanks, Liyakath Ali. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call perl web service from javascript?

Hi, I would like to call the below perl web service from javascript .Any help would be appreciated.I am new to web services.Please do the needful. Server Program(Perl Web Service) #!/usr/bin/perl use lib '/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/SOAP-Lite-0.65_3/lib'; use SOAP::Transport::HTTP; use Demo;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
3 Replies
REST::Application::Routes(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    REST::Application::Routes(3pm)

NAME
REST::Application::Routes - An implementation of Ruby on Rails type routes. SYNOPSIS
package MyApp; use base 'REST::Application::Routes'; my $obj = REST::Application::Routes->new(); $obj->loadResource( '/data/workspaces/:ws/pages/:page', => &do_thing, # ... other routes here ... ); sub do_thing { my %vars = @_; print $vars{ws} . " " . $vars{page} . " "; } # Now, in some other place. Maybe a CGI file or an Apache handler, do: use MyApp; MyApp->new->run("/data/workspaces/cows/pages/good"); # prints "cows good" DESCRIPTION
Ruby on Rails has this concept of routes. Routes are URI path info templates which are tied to specific code (i.e. Controllers and Actions in Rails). That is routes consist of key value pairs, called the route map, where the key is the path info template and the value is a code reference. A template is of the form: "/foo/:variable/bar" where variables are always prefaced with a colon. When a given path is passed to "run()" the code reference which the template maps to will be passed a hash where the keys are the variable names (sans colon) and the values are what was specified in place of the variables. The route map is ordered, so the most specific matching template is used and so you should order your templates from least generic to most generic. See REST::Application for details. The only difference between this module and that one is that this one uses URI templates as keys in the "resourceHooks" rather than regexes. METHODS
These are methods which REST::Application::Routes has but its superclass does not. getTemplateVars() Returns a hash whose keys are the ":symbols" from the URI template and whose values are what where matched to be there. It is assumed that this method is called either from within or after "loadResource()" is called. Otherwise you're likely to get an empty hash back. getLastMatchTemplate() This is an alias for "getLastMatchPattern()", since this class is about templates rather than regexes. AUTHORS
Matthew O'Connor <matthew@canonical.org> LICENSE
This program is free software. It is subject to the same license as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
REST::Application, <http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/chapter/65> perl v5.10.0 2007-08-09 REST::Application::Routes(3pm)