Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question about running script. Post 303028505 by green_k on Wednesday 9th of January 2019 04:07:17 PM
Old 01-09-2019
Question about running script.

Hi Gurus,

I have problem to run script.
I can run script with command
Code:
 ksh script_name.ksh

but if i run script as
Code:
 ./script_name.ksh

, it doesn't run. the permission for the script is: -rwxr-xr-x.
my server is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-48 sun4v sparc sun4v
do we need to setup something to run command as ./script_name.ksh?

thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

question with running dbx

If your program unfortunately takes a LONG time to finish running in dbx and you find yourself hitting Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Z to stop the running, does it produce any adverse effects at all ? The reason I am asking is because my program is in an infinite loop state (which leads to the huge delay in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a script in cron question

There is this script I'd like to put into cron, but it asks for date verification. It'll prompt you to press enter to continue. Usually, 100% of the time the dates are ok, so is there a way to run this script in cron and bypass the "enter" prompt? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

4. AIX

Question on background running job

Guys, We use AIX 5.3 at our work place. I only in my team have a strange problem of not able run jobs background. Other colleagues are able to run without any problem. Once I kick off background job using nohup and & command, It immediately stops. The following error I get when I run. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandsbr
2 Replies

5. Linux

running java program question

hi, i have just written a simple hello world java program in my linux server, installed jdk ... and tried to compile and run it and it gave me some errors. please details below: # cat HelloWorld.java import java.util.*; import java.io.*; public class HelloWorld { public static void... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question about finding the PID of long-running processes

The end result that I'd like is to terminate any process on my ps -u username list that extends beyond 20 minutes. I know for a fact that this process will be named l.exe, but I don't know the number in between and I won't know the PID. Is there a way to use grep or pidof to do this task every 20... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bolanok
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

9. Linux

Question Regarding mounting a drive and running a software

Hello; Whenever I reboot a system which one takes precedence; mounting the drives or running the init.d scripts Here is my situation: Every time I boot my system, I need to mount a RAID10 drive and run a software whose config files are on the RAID10 drive I want the software to only start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why script is running sometimes and not running sometimes?

Hi, I have a script which does couple of database connection and run some SELECT queries to get some output in the file. I am surprised to see :eek: that when i run my script some times it gives the desired out put and sometimes it shows some error :confused: . Suppose if i execute it say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
3 Replies
FDF_ADD_DOC_JAVASCRIPT(3)						 1						 FDF_ADD_DOC_JAVASCRIPT(3)

fdf_add_doc_javascript - Adds javascript code to the FDF document

SYNOPSIS
bool fdf_add_doc_javascript (resource $fdf_document, string $script_name, string $script_code) DESCRIPTION
Adds a script to the FDF, which Acrobat then adds to the doc-level scripts of a document, once the FDF is imported into it. PARAMETERS
o $fdf_document - The FDF document handle, returned by fdf_create(3), fdf_open(3) or fdf_open_string(3). o $script_name - The script name. o $script_code - The script code. It is strongly suggested to use for linebreaks within the script code. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Adding JavaScript code to a FDF <?php $fdf = fdf_create(); fdf_add_doc_javascript($fdf, "PlusOne", "function PlusOne(x) { return x+1; } "); fdf_save($fdf); ?> will create a FDF like this: %FDF-1.2 %aaIO 1 0 obj << /FDF << /JavaScript << /Doc [ (PlusOne)(function PlusOne(x) { return x+1; } )] >> >> >> endobj trailer << /Root 1 0 R >> %%EOF PHP Documentation Group FDF_ADD_DOC_JAVASCRIPT(3)