Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Current Array of Badges (Beta 1) Post 303028469 by Neo on Wednesday 9th of January 2019 12:01:01 AM
Old 01-09-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swathe
I think the implementation has been really well done. .....
Thanks. I'm testing the alerts now, step-by-step. Also, starting to clean up my early PHP, making functions, arrays, etc.

My thoughts are that after we get past the initial beta, the new badging system will evolve to be very good for everyone here.

Will add a new "Weeks Active in a Row" (sequence) badge soon, completing the initial 42 proto-badges with 6 in reserve.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare current record,with next and previous record in awk without using array?

Hi! all can any one tell me how to compare current record of column with next and previous record in awk without using array my case is like this input.txt 0 32 1 26 2 27 3 34 4 26 5 25 6 24 9 23 0 32 1 28 2 15 3 26 4 24 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
7 Replies

2. Hardware

Stack Overflow Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question Ask for the explanation of types

I have read a document which tells me the following 4 things are done by the RAM embedded on disk driver controller. But I don't know what's difference between buffer and cache. Thanks! RAM on disk drive controllers 1 firmware 2 speed matching buffer 3 prefetching buffer 4 cache (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Four More UNIX.COM Achievement Award Badges to Award

Happy New Year! There are currently four UNIX.COM achievement awards up for grabs, as the say. Here they are, in no particular order: The Order of the Raven The Order of the Hippo The Order of the Spider The Order of the Dragon Don't ask me what they mean, or who who will get those... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Current New Badge Alert Script (Beta 1)

Here is the JS I wrote and am now testing live for alerting a member when they have received a new badge (seems to be working OK so far, still testing live): var badgeChange = readCookie("badgestatechange"); $(function() { if (badgeChange == "1") { if (vbuserId > 0) { var... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Patreon Badges Now Available as BBCODE at UNIX.COM

Dear All, We have a lot of amazing moderators and other very talented unix.com members who provide tireless top quality free technical support assistance to others. As a service to those long term unix.com members, I am making a new Patreon BBCODE badge available which can be posted in forum... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

My Badges Page - A Major UserCP Update (v0.661):

Another major upgrade on the new UserCP today. I have created the "My Badges" page in the new control panel, and it's looking very cool :) If you have visited the new UserCP recently, you will more-than-likely need to close your browser (completely) and then restart it to clear out the old... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
mbsinit(3)						     Library Functions Manual							mbsinit(3)

NAME
mbsinit - Determines whether a multibyte-character string is in the initial conversion state LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc) SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> int mbsinit( const mbstate_t *ps); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: mbsinit(): XSH5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Points to an mbstate_t object, which describes the conversion state of the current character in the string being converted. The initial conversion state for conversion in either direction (multibyte to wide-character format or the reverse) corresponds to the beginning of the character's multibyte encoding sequence in the initial shift state as defined by the LC_TYPE category of the current locale. DESCRIPTION
The mbsinit() function determines whether the sequence of characters being converted is in the initial conversion state; that is, the func- tion determines whether the multibyte encoding for the current character in this sequence is in the initial shift state as defined by the LC_TYPE category of the current locale. The application can use a zero return, which indicates that the character sequence is not in ini- tial conversion state, to initiate a conversion operation. Use this function along with the restartable conversion functions (mbrlen, mbrtowc, wcrtomb, mbsrtowcs, wcsrtombs) to convert between multibyte-character and wide-character format. Only restartable conversion functions use an mbstate_t parameter, such as ps. Therefore, results are undefined when restartable and nonrestartable conversion functions operate on the same arrays of characters during a conversion operation. Results are also undefined when ps is first altered by any of the restartable conversion functions and then used by another call in any of the following ways: With a different sequence of characters In the reverse conversion direction Under a different LC_CTYPE set- ting than on earlier function calls RESTRICTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] The mbsinit() function and restartable versions of conversion routines are functional only when used with locales that sup- port shift state encoding. Currently, the operating system does not provide any locales that use shift state encoding and the mbsinit() function returns a nonzero value only to indicate that *ps is a null pointer. RETURN VALUES
The mbsinit() function returns a nonzero value if *ps is a null pointer or ps describes an initial conversion state; otherwise, the func- tion returns zero. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: mblen(3), mbstowcs(3), mbtowc(3), wcstombs(3), wctomb(3) Files: locale(4) delim off mbsinit(3)