Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Suggestion on running critical Oracle DBs on OVM Post 303028468 by solaris_1977 on Tuesday 8th of January 2019 11:13:12 PM
Old 01-09-2019
Gull04 - that looks nice setup. For this setup, DB guys don't want to go away from Sparc. But during discussion with my manager, I suggested if can make another environment of RHEV, which can host application VMs. Currently we have large VMWare setup. Management's main focus will still remain on cost of ownership (in comparison to VMWare, which is pretty expensive), if they would allow to keep some components on RHEV Smilie

Peasant - We have zones also, but to keep it more robust and fault tolerant, LDOM was setup long back. In comparison to zones, LDOM administration is complex, if we want to add/remove/edit any resource. Local redundancy (all in Seattle) are having LUNs shared among servers. Geo Redundancy (Seattle and Phoenix) are having redundancy on DB level only. For DR site also, replication is setup on DB level only.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with C app on Oracle running on Solaris 6

Hello, I would really appreciate some help with a problem my current client is having. He has an old legacy app that does his company's financial accounting and ERP for manufacturing, etc. The app was written by a company called "Just in time" in Austin, TX, and they are no longer in business. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w0lf
2 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Test if Oracle listener is running

Hi All , I am new to shall scripting, i want write an script for oracle tns and listener. If tns working i want o/p as "Listener and TNS are working" else o/p should be ""Listener and TNS are not Working" below is the command in unix to check the tns status, if no output it means TNS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul bari
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Oracle SQL from shell script

Hi, can anyone help me with this script please. I need the oracle command to go into the unix batch file. #!/bin/sh # A menu driven Shell script which has following options # for acmtoron@> # # # Exit # As per option do the job #---- while : do clear echo " A C M LOG MONITORING... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinaaguilera
0 Replies

4. Programming

Oracle Scheduled job not running as per schedule.

Hi, Though this is a unix forum mainly, am posting this oracle query here hoping to get a resolution. I have set up two scheduled jobs in oracle 11g for executiong a procedure in specific time intervals. One as Hourly and other as minutely. But the scheduled jobs are not running as per... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Oracle/Xen/OVM/OCFS2/Multipath/SAN Problems

Setup: Multiple Virtual Machines running OEL5 / Oracle RDBMS 11.2 OVM 2 / Xen 3.4.0 Cluster consisting of 3 Machines Shared SAN Storage synced with OCFS2 SAN connected with 4GB FC on 4 Paths per LUN SAN target are 2 EMC Clariion mirroring each other The problems we're facing are that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
6 Replies

6. Solaris

OVM Server for SPARC ... Need Your Help Guys !

I have two SPARC T4-2 servers: - Oracle Solaris 11.1 Installed. - Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.0 software Installed. - Shared LUN provisioned to both servers from Clariion CX4 storage box (shared LUN to be used for the Live Migration of the VMs). - Oracle VM Agent 3.2.1 for SPARC installed. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run different SQL on multiple DBs using SHELL script

Hi Experts, I have a list of Dbs.In that DBs i need to execute some sql scripts. each sql script is unique and it should run on particular DB only. For example. i have DBs like MDC20V,NDC20V,ODC20V and sql scripts like MD.sql,ND.sql,OD.sql.so MD.sql should run only in MDC20V and ND.sql should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navsan420
1 Replies
setup(1)						      Easy Software Products							  setup(1)

NAME
setup - graphical setup program for the esp package manager SYNOPSIS
setup [ directory ] DESCRIPTION
setup provides a graphical installation interface for EPM-generated portable installation packages. It presents a step-by-step dialog for collecting a list of packages to install and accepting any license agreements for those packages. setup searches for products in the current directory or the directory specified on the command-line. INSTALLATION TYPES
The default type of installation is "custom". That is, users will be able to select from the list of products and install them. setup also supports other types of installations. The setup.types file, if present, defines the other installation types. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages. setup.types(5) - epm gui setup types file format. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup(1)