Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cd then mkdir from script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cd then mkdir from script Post 303028446 by vbe on Tuesday 8th of January 2019 09:07:00 AM
Old 01-08-2019
Can you explain:
. chxdir.sh ${photos}/$mn ?
And tell us what shell you are using ( looks like bash...)
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mkdir limitations

What characters can't be used with a mkdir? Any limits on length of name? Thank you, Randy M. Zeitman http://www.StoneRoseDesign.com (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: flignar
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir

Hi, I look for a script to create 150 directories : d000 d001 d002 ... ... d149 would you help me please ? I think it would be for i mkdir d$i Many thanks. PS : #uname -a AIX fserver 3 5 0050691A4C00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mkdir

Is there ant way to increase max number of folders in the directory from the 32766: Problem UFS: shell>mkdir mmm mkdir: mmm: Too many links But there are no links, just folders. shell>ls | wc -l 32766 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find jpg's mkdir script help

I am having a problem getting this to work right. The script needs to search through directories and subdirectories. If a jpg is found then create a folder in that directory, so on and so forth. Here is what I have so far but it doesn't work right. Help please #!/bin/bash for d in `find ./... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jedhypes
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mkdir

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Do the procedure, which if there are 5 parameters then it creates 4 directories with names of 4 parameters, in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolones
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for mkdir with permissions

Hello, I'm pretty new to scripting and trying to do a simple (well, I thought so) administrator task. I'm using bash. I want to create 10 directories under the one directory and apply permissions at the same time. I've worked out the make directories part: mkdir /userdata/folder{1..50}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimothy007
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mkdir utility

Howdy, Puttering around in unix, and read this in the mkdir man page: "The mkdir utility creates the directories named as operands..." What does this mean, i.e. as operands? Many thanks, DN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danuke
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: "mkdir -p" doesn't work with var(cat x)

Hello, :) I've an issue with the creation of a directory, All work without it :mad: So, below, my scripts with the debug output : #!/bin/bash # PATHS HOME_BACKUP="/home/backup" HOME_SCRIPT="/home/scripts/test/backup_server" TARGET="/var/www" # DATE DATE_Ymd=$(date +%Y-%m-%d) #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mkdir

hi linux expert what is a difference between: mkdir test and mkdir ./test and also if ( -e /test ) then and if ( -e ./test ) then thanks in advance Please use icode or code tags next time for your code and data (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003a
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use script to mkdir based on file's data

I have a file with lines like: 111 12 7 111 13 8 112 12 9 115 31 3 120 31 9 123 10 7 125 12 I want to make a script which, split the first column into parts (101-110, 111-120...), and make directories for its part with name (101-110, 111-120...) Also i want in every directory include... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: efsarantis
7 Replies
gthumb(1)																 gthumb(1)

NAME
gThumb - an image viewer and browser for GNOME SYNOPSIS
gthumb [--help] [--version] [-f] [--fullscreen] [-s] [--slideshow] [--import-photos] [directory] [filename] ... DESCRIPTION
With gThumb you can browse your hard disk viewing thumbnails of image files. It also lets you view single files (including GIF anima- tions), add comments to images, organize images in catalogs, print images, view slideshows, set your desktop background, and more. OPTIONS
-f, --fullscreen Start in fullscreen mode. -s, --slideshow Automatically start a slideshow. --import-photos Automatically import digital camera photos. --help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. Usual other GNOME options apply as well. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: gthumb To view the content of a directory type: gthumb /path/to/directory To view all images with jpg extension type: gthumb *.jpg AUTHORS
Written by Paolo Bacchilega <paolo.bacch@tin.it>. This manual page was originally written by Remco van de Meent <remco@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system, now is maintained by Paolo Bacchilega. GNOME Applications May 2002 gthumb(1)