Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028400 by Neo on Monday 7th of January 2019 07:46:49 AM
Old 01-07-2019
Update:

While on vacation, had some free time and have written the core code to show a Bootstrap alert when a member badge changes. Also, have the basic code in place to determine exactly which badge changes, so that can be added to the message; but have not written the function to change the array keys to text.

Currently testing via PHP logging. Seems to work fine.

When I am back at my desk, will write a function to change array keys to user friendly text and continue testing.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
k5srvutil(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     k5srvutil(1M)

NAME
k5srvutil - host key table (keytab) manipulation utility SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/k5srvutil operation [-ik] [-f filename] DESCRIPTION
The k5srvutil command allows a system manager to list or change keys currently in his keytab or to add new keys to the keytab. The operand operation must be one of the following: list Lists the keys in a keytab, showing version number and principal name. change Changes all the keys in the keytab to new randomly-generated keys, updating the keys in the Kerberos server's database to match those by using the kadmin protocol. If a key's version number does not match the version number stored in the Kerberos server's database, the operation fails. The old keys are retained so that existing tickets continue to work. If the -i flag is specified, k5srvutil prompts for yes or no before changing each key. If the -k option is used, the old and new keys are displayed. delold Deletes keys that are not the most recent version from the keytab. This operation should be used at some point after a change operation to remove old keys. If the -i flag is specified, k5srvutil asks the user whether the old keys associated with each principal should be removed. delete Deletes particular keys in the keytab, interactively prompting for each key. In all cases, the default keytab file is /etc/krb5.keytab file unless this is overridden by the -f option. k5srvutil uses the kadmin(1M) program to edit the keytab in place. However, old keys are retained, so they are available in case of fail- ure. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f filename Specify a keytab file other than the default file, /etc/krb5.keytab. -i Prompts user before changing keys when using the change or delold operands. -k Displays old and new keys when using the change operand. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ktutil(1), kadmin(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Aug 2006 k5srvutil(1M)