Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028400 by Neo on Monday 7th of January 2019 07:46:49 AM
Old 01-07-2019
Update:

While on vacation, had some free time and have written the core code to show a Bootstrap alert when a member badge changes. Also, have the basic code in place to determine exactly which badge changes, so that can be added to the message; but have not written the function to change the array keys to text.

Currently testing via PHP logging. Seems to work fine.

When I am back at my desk, will write a function to change array keys to user friendly text and continue testing.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
ARRAY_KEYS(3)								 1							     ARRAY_KEYS(3)

array_keys - Return all the keys or a subset of the keys of an array

SYNOPSIS
array array_keys (array $array, [mixed $search_value], [bool $strict = false]) DESCRIPTION
array_keys(3) returns the keys, numeric and string, from the $array. If the optional $search_value is specified, then only the keys for that value are returned. Otherwise, all the keys from the $array are returned. PARAMETERS
o $array - An array containing keys to return. o $search_value - If specified, then only keys containing these values are returned. o $strict - Determines if strict comparison (===) should be used during the search. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of all the keys in $array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_keys(3) example <?php $array = array(0 => 100, "color" => "red"); print_r(array_keys($array)); $array = array("blue", "red", "green", "blue", "blue"); print_r(array_keys($array, "blue")); $array = array("color" => array("blue", "red", "green"), "size" => array("small", "medium", "large")); print_r(array_keys($array)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => 0 [1] => color ) Array ( [0] => 0 [1] => 3 [2] => 4 ) Array ( [0] => color [1] => size ) SEE ALSO
array_values(3), array_key_exists(3), array_search(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_KEYS(3)