Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028371 by Neo on Saturday 5th of January 2019 08:44:46 PM
Old 01-05-2019
Hi Ravinder,

It's OK. Thanks for the great ideas on the badging system.

No reason to worry about coding, as I know you are busy working 12 to 13 hours a day on your IT job.

I will code the "days active in sequence" badge when I am back at my desk after the 8th of Jan and will prototype a simple "new badge issued" alert based on a hash of the JSON string-ified badges afterwards.

You have already done a lot and I can easily take it from here and finish the prototype badging system and leave a few badges "in reserve" for the future.

Take care and keep sharing your good ideas for the forums!
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
demangle(3EXT)						    Extended Library Functions						    demangle(3EXT)

NAME
demangle, cplus_demangle - decode a C++ encoded symbol name SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file[ library ... ] -ldemangle #include <demangle.h> int cplus_demangle(const char *symbol, char *prototype, size_t size); DESCRIPTION
The cplus_demangle() function decodes (demangles) a C++ linker symbol name (mangled name) into a (partial) C++ prototype, if possible. C++ mangled names may not have enough information to form a complete prototype. The symbol string argument points to the input mangled name. The prototype argument points to a user-specified output string buffer, of size bytes. The cplus_demangle() function operates on mangled names generated by SPARCompilers C++ 3.0.1, 4.0.1, 4.1 and 4.2. The cplus_demangle() function improves and replaces the demangle() function. Refer to the CC.1, dem.1, and c++filt.1 manual pages in the /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1 directory. These pages are only available with the SPROcc package. RETURN VALUES
The cplus_demangle() function returns the following values: 0 The symbol argument is a valid mangled name and prototype contains a (partial) prototype for the symbol. DEMANGLE_ENAME The symbol argument is not a valid mangled name and the content of prototype is a copy of the symbol. DEMANGLE_ESPACE The prototype output buffer is too small to contain the prototype (or the symbol), and the content of prototype is unde- fined. SunOS 5.11 11 Mar 1997 demangle(3EXT)