Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Downloading or purchasing HP-UX for HP Integrity rx4640 Post 303028344 by gbudny on Friday 4th of January 2019 05:23:44 PM
Old 01-04-2019
Downloading or purchasing HP-UX for HP Integrity rx4640

Hi

I bought an old server hp rx4640 for 160$ on the online auction, but I do not have the cd with the operating system for it.

Can you tell me if there is any way to obtain CDs with HP-UX form HPE?
What kind of version can I get from HPE? Do I have to pay for it?

Do you I have to buy a cd with the operating system if I want to run the current version of HP-UX? In this case, can you recommend the online store where can I buy the most basic version of HP-UX? I would like to learn about HP-UX at home, so I am interested to find the cheap CD with HP-UX. Any ideas?

Last edited by gbudny; 01-04-2019 at 06:40 PM..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

purchasing a unix account

i just want to know if there is any place that i can purchase a unix account to use for life. i don't like the hassle of changing my email address every time i enter a new university/workplace, and i'd like some place to store files that i can access around the world. thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1515
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Purchasing Solaris Software

I am traditionally from the world of HP-UX, but have inherited seven Sun servers - a mixture of V120 and V240 servers. They have not been on software support with Sun/Oracle and I now need to purchase the latest versions of Solaris to put on them rather than put them back on support. Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcusfra
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

FAULTY DISK replacement HP rx4640

Hello, I'm new to this forum and as you will see from my question I'm new to UNIX as well. One of our costumers has HP rx4640 running on UNIX with two 300GB hot-swappable disks that are mirrored. They reported to us that one of the disks is faulty and they want us to take care of it. Below is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjk
16 Replies
UNAME(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname -- Print operating system name SYNOPSIS
uname [-amnprsv] DESCRIPTION
The uname utility writes symbols representing one or more system characteristics to the standard output. The following options are available: -a Behave as though all of the options -mnrsv were specified. -m print the machine hardware name. -n print the nodename (the nodename may be a name that the system is known by to a communications network). -p print the machine processor architecture name. -r print the operating system release. -s print the operating system name. -v print the operating system version. If no options are specified, uname prints the operating system name as if the -s option had been specified. SEE ALSO
hostname(1), machine(1), sw_vers(1), uname(3) STANDARDS
The uname utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). The -p option is an extension to the standard. BSD
November 9, 1998 BSD