Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Curl , download file with user:pass in bash script Post 303028318 by vgersh99 on Friday 4th of January 2019 10:12:48 AM
Old 01-04-2019
Having you tried running the script with the set -x? What does that come back with?
What happens if you remove > mainfile ? What do you get?
Have you tried running curl in verbose (-v) mode?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Upload/download files using cURL

hi please help me out here, i want to use curl command in shell script to test web pages, what i have is an opening page, when i click on a button on opening page, the next page comes up and then i have to upload a file n then click another button to submit and then comes the output page,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

download an html file via wget and pass it to mysql and update a database

CAN I download an html file via wget and pass it to mysql and update a database field? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mapasainfo
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

curl script to download files from Secured HTTPS server?

curl -# -v -d "sendusername=myname&password=mypassword&wheretogo=download.php" -L -o test.zip http://www.ims-dm.com/cgi/securedownload.php?p=HIREFTPM\&prodtype=hire/test.zip * About to connect() to www.ims-dm.com port 80 * Trying 209.61.193.139... connected * Connected to www.ims-dm.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laknar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl download zip extract large xml file

Hi i have a php script that works 100% however i don't want this to run on php because of server limits etc. Ideally if i could convert this simple php script to a shell script i can set it up to run on a cron. My mac server has curl on it. So i am assuming i should be using this to download the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl command to download multiple files with a file prefix

I am using the below curl command to download a single file from client server and it is working as expected curl --ftp-ssl -k -u ${USER}:${PASSWD} ftp://${HOST}:${PORT}/path/to/${FILE} --output ${DEST}/${FILE} let say the client has 3 files hellofile.101, hellofile.102, hellofile.103 and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r@v!7*7@
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl parallel download file list

Hello guys, first post sorry if I did some mess here =) Using Ubuntu 14.04lts 64bits server version. I have a list (url.list) with only URLs to download, one per line, that looks like this: http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=1 http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=2 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonispa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl to download file from subdivx.com after following location without knowing the file name/extens

This question could be specific to the site subdivx.com In the past, I've been able to download a file following location using cURL but there is something about subdivx.com that's different and can't figure out how to get it to work. I tried the following directly in the terminal with no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MoonD
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pass config file to bash script

I just want to make sure I am understanding how to pass a config file to a bash script . In the below I pass to arguments to a script, then define them in the script as id and config. I then source config using ., if I understand correctly the variables in the config file can now be used by the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies
CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						 CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_UPLOAD - enable data upload SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_UPLOAD, long upload); DESCRIPTION
The long parameter upload set to 1 tells the library to prepare for and perform an upload. The CURLOPT_READDATA(3) and CURLOPT_INFILE- SIZE(3) or CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE(3) options are also interesting for uploads. If the protocol is HTTP, uploading means using the PUT request unless you tell libcurl otherwise. Using PUT with HTTP 1.1 implies the use of a "Expect: 100-continue" header. You can disable this header with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3) as usual. If you use PUT to a HTTP 1.1 server, you can upload data without knowing the size before starting the transfer if you use chunked encoding. You enable this by adding a header like "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). With HTTP 1.0 or without chunked transfer, you must specify the size. DEFAULT
0, default is download PROTOCOLS
Most EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { /* we want to use our own read function */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_READFUNCTION, read_callback); /* enable uploading */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_UPLOAD, 1L); /* specify target */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ftp://example.com/dir/to/newfile"); /* now specify which pointer to pass to our callback */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_READDATA, hd_src); /* Set the size of the file to upload */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE, (curl_off_t)fsize); /* Now run off and do what you've been told! */ curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Always RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_PUT(3), CURLOPT_READFUNCTION(3), CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3)