Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028305 by Neo on Friday 4th of January 2019 02:24:35 AM
Old 01-04-2019
Hmmm

I think I may store the hash in the user's browser in localStorage and do the alert logic in Javascript and also provide the alert on / off toggle in JS.

Still thinking about this .

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
alert(3alleg4)                                                    Allegro manual                                                    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)