Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Covert xml to csv using xsltproc in shell script Post 303028277 by Neo on Thursday 3rd of January 2019 09:08:05 AM
Old 01-03-2019
You need to attempt to write your own script first. We are here to help you, not do your work for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

any script can be used to covert IP subnet?

say I have some netblocks, is it possible I can use a script to covert the subnet to every single ip? for example, raw file has "1.2.3.0 255.255.128.0" "2.3.4.0 255.255.255.254" and I want to run the script and print out every single IP in these netblocks. or will it be easier if I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file into CSV with shell?

Hi, It's been a few years since college when I did stuff like this all the time. Can someone help me figure out how to best tackle this problem? I need to parse a file full of entries that look like this: <eq action="A" sectyType="0" symbol="PGR" exch="CA" curr="VEF" sess="NORM"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue while using xsltproc tp parse XML in bash

I have written a bash script which opens a folder, reads all the *.xml files in it, and pulls the required data that i need from XML tags. I am using xsltproc (my xsl name) (my xml folder location/*.xml) and running this in a for each loop The problem is that some XML files are having special... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script to parse XML and generate CSV

Hi All, Hope all you are doing good! Need your help. I have an XML file which needs to be converted CSV file. I am not an expert of awk/sed so your help is highly appreciated!! XML file looks like this: <l:event dateTime="2013-03-13 07:15:54.713" layerName="OSB" processName="ABC"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xsltproc showing error in parsing xml...help required

I need to parse text between xml tags using xsltproc. It seems the easiest way. Here the Input file looks like <?xml version="1.0" ?> - <tag:ROOT xmlns:as="http://some.org/some.xsd" xmlns:tag="http://www.tag.org/schemas" xmlns:xs="http://some.org/"> - <tag:L1> - <tag:L2> - <tag:L3> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass some data from csv to xml file using shell/python

Hello gurus, I have a csv file with bunch of datas in each column. (see attached) Now I have an .xml file in the structure of below: ?xml version="1.0" ?> <component id="root" name="root"> <component id="system" name="system"> <param name="number_of_A" value="8"/> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Covert simple bash script in perl language

Hello, Anyone please covert this in perl language ######################## if ps faux | grep -v grep | grep ProcessXYZ then echo "$SERVICE is running, , everything is fine" exit 0 else echo "$SERVICE is not running" exit 2 fi Additional... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
1 Replies
TTX2XGF(1)						      General Commands Manual							TTX2XGF(1)

NAME
ttx2xgf - extracts instructions from a TTX file and creates an Xgridfit program. SYNOPSIS
ttx2xgf [options] infile[.ttx] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
ttx2xgf is a utility that extracts instructions (hints) and other information relating to instructions from a TTX file (an XML representa- tion of a TrueType font) and creates a new Xgridfit program. If infile lacks the .ttx extension, it is assumed. If outfile is not given, output is written to infile.xgf. OPTIONS
--config Path to a configuration file (relative paths are permitted). If this is not given, ttx2xgf will look first for a file config.xml in the current directory, next in the user's Xgridfit configuration directory, and finally in the Xgridfit base directory. -e Display diagnostic messages (for debugging). -E, --elapsed-time Time the running of this program and display the result. --processor=libxslt|lxml|xsltproc|saxon-6|saxon-9|xalan-j|xalan-c|4xslt Select a preferred XSLT processsor; ttx2xgf will use this one if possible. FILES
/usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/convert-ttx.xsl An XSLT script that performs the initial conversion. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/convert-asm.sed A Sed script that completes the conversion. SEE ALSO
xgridfit(1), xgfconfig(1), ttx(1) AUTHOR
ttx2xgf was written by Peter Baker <psb6m@virginia.edu>. This manual page was written by Peter Baker 2009-12-18 TTX2XGF(1)