Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Ravinder Singh Just Earned His Green Web Dev Ops Badge Post 303028274 by Neo on Thursday 3rd of January 2019 08:18:22 AM
Old 01-03-2019
Ravinder,

I don't understand Docker and why I would want to use it.

Is Docker for building and deploying web apps in a "Docker" container or something else?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Web Dev

Could someone recommend a good book? Regarding Unix and Mac os X? I know the OS is new, but Unix ain't. I would like to know more about setting up the webserver on my machine. All the HTML works fine, it's just when i try to execute a cgi, php or a pl script.. :( I have tried and tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chojin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team

On this special Happy News Year day, 1 January 2019, I am pleased to promote Ravinder Singh to UNIX.COM Moderator, for at least the following reasons: Ravinder Loves UNIX.COM Ravinder has 1,372 Thanks, which puts him in the Top Ten in that important single category. Ravinder is one of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

5. Web Development

Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II

Part II: Current PHP file Beta 73 Not Optimized: <?php $version = 73; $query = "SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user WHERE userid='" . $uid . "'"; $usertable = $db->query_read_slave($query); $modaluser = $db->fetch_array($usertable); $modaluser = gmdate("d F Y", $modaluser); $modaluser... (48 Replies)
48 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Moderators of the Year 2019 - Ravinder Singh and Victor Berridge

Today, I am very pleased to announce that the Moderator of the Year Award, 2019 has two very deserving winners. Ravinder Singh (RavinderSingh13) and Victor Berridge (vbe) Victor (vbe) has been a member of unix.com close to 15 years (first joined the site in 2005) and has been moderating... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
Web::Scraper::Filter(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Web::Scraper::Filter(3pm)

NAME
Web::Scraper::Filter - Base class for Web::Scraper filters SYNOPSIS
package Web::Scraper::Filter::YAML; use base qw( Web::Scraper::Filter ); use YAML (); sub filter { my($self, $value) = @_; YAML::Load($value); } 1; use Web::Scraper; my $scraper = scraper { process ".yaml-code", data => [ 'TEXT', 'YAML' ]; }; DESCRIPTION
Web::Scraper::Filter is a base class for text filters in Web::Scraper. You can create your own text filter by subclassing this module. There are two ways to create and use your custom filter. If you name your filter Web::Scraper::Filter::Something, you just call: process $exp, $key => [ 'TEXT', 'Something' ]; If you declare your filter under your own namespace, like 'MyApp::Filter::Foo', process $exp, $key => [ 'TEXT', '+MyApp::Filter::Foo' ]; You can also inline your filter function without creating a filter class: process $exp, $key => [ 'TEXT', sub { s/foo/bar/ } ]; Note that this function munges $_ and returns the count of replacement. Filter code special cases if the return value of the callback is number and $_ value is updated. You can, of course, stack filters like: process $exp, $key => [ '@href', 'Foo', '+MyApp::Filter::Bar', &baz ]; AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa perl v5.14.2 2009-03-24 Web::Scraper::Filter(3pm)