Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The Return of the Show Post Page Post 303028259 by Neo on Wednesday 2nd of January 2019 11:09:26 PM
Old 01-03-2019
The Return of the Show Post Page

You may recall we used to have a "Show Post" link in each post that referenced the post and had a link to this post in page.

I am going to bring back this feature and and renovate the page:

So that page has a "Under Renovation" banner as I figure out what I am going to do with that page:

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

So far my best idea it to turn the page into a Bootstrap Modal, polish it up a bit, and move on to the next project. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which comand to show the source code on a web page?

Hi folks! I am using MacOsX that runs freeBSD. Could you tell me what comand to type on the Unix Terminal to display on the terminal the source code of a certain web page? I think something like #<comand> http://www.apple.com will display on the terminal's window the html source code... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to show files on web page

hello Unix guru i want to show performance results on my internal website . We are manitaing the site through Wiki . I have to add new page in that . can someone help me to write shell script for that .. i want to display files datewise . my files names are starting with date . if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepa20
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using Lynx and Grep to return search page rank - help

I am writing a script which will read in search terms from a text file and pass each line to Lynx. Lynx will grab the source html, then I want grep/tr, whatever to search for the first occurance of a term (mydomain.name), then delete from that 1st occurance on, creating a new end of file. Then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roninuta
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display command output page per page

Good afternoon, I wonder how i could use unix commands to ease the reading of long command result output ? like the "php -i" or any other command that returns a long answer. I could not find the right terms to Google it or search the forum. Therefore I bother you with this question. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mat_k
3 Replies

6. Web Development

Page load time- local page

Hi Is there a way to calculate the page load time, I am trying to calculate the load time of a page locally. I found tools to do this over http or https but none that work locally. Any ideas? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for adding page number before page breaks

Hi, If there is an expert that can help: I have many txt files that are produced from pdftotext that include page breaks the page breaks seem to be unix style hex 0C. I want to add page numbers before each page break as in : Page XXXX Regards antman (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antman
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command and show result in web page

Hi everyone, I have two question 1- I want to execute command in shell and after execution result show in a web server. (kind of making UI ) e.g. in shell root ~: show list item1 item2 item(n)in web server in a page draw a table and show those items in itno | name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
1 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Newbie reports: some posts show only the title and bottom-of-page menu. No text in the middle!

When I try to look at some of the posts (like "Rookie Grandmother"), I see the thread title and the menu at the bottom, but not the text of the post in the middle. I can see ALL of the posts in the Recent menu, but NONE of the others. The screenshot I attached shows the situation. I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRWoodward
2 Replies
IMGSIZER(1)															       IMGSIZER(1)

NAME
imgsizer - automatically splice in height and width params for HTML IMG tags SYNOPSIS
imgsizer [-d file] [--document-root file] [-h file] [--help file] [-n] [--no-overwrite] [HTMLFile] [-v file] [--version] OPTIONS
Display version information and exit. Display usage information. Directory where absolute image filenames (i.e, ones which contain a leading "/") may be found. -n, --no-overwwrite, .SH DESCRIPTION The imgsizer script automates away the tedious task of creating and updating the extension HEIGHT and WIDTH parameters in HTML IMG tags. These parameters help many browsers (including the Netscape/Mozilla family) to multi-thread image loading, instead of having to load images in strict sequence in order to have each one's dimensions available so the next can be placed. This generally allows text on the remainder of the page to load much faster. This script will try create such attributes for any IMG tag that lacks them. It will correct existing HEIGHT and WIDTH tags unless either contains a percent (%) sign, in which case the existing dimensions are presumed to be relative and left unaltered. This script may be called with no arguments. In this mode, it filters HTML presented on stdin to HTML (unaltered except for added or cor- rected HEIGHT and WIDTH attributes) on stdout. If called with file arguments, it will attempt to transform each file in place. Each argu- ment file is not actually modified until the script completes a successful conversion pass. The -d <directory> option sets the DocumentRoot, where images with an absolute filename (i.e., ones which contain a leading "/") may be found. If none is specified, the DocumentRoot defaults to the current working directory. The -n (no-overwrite) opion prevents the program from overwriting existing width and height tags if both are present. Additional options may also be specified in the environmental variable "IMGSIZER". For example, to avoid typing "imgsizer -d /var/www/docs" each time imgsizer is invoked, you might tell sh (or one of its descendants): IMGSIZER="-d /var/www/docs"; export IMGSIZER or, if you use csh: setenv IMGSIZER "-d /var/www/docs" This script is written in Python, and thus requires a Python interpreter on the host system. It also requires either the identify(1) utili- ty distributed in the open-source ImageMagick suite of image-display and manipulation tools, or a modern version of file(1) and rdjpg- com(1). These utilities are used to extract sizes from the images; imgsizer itself has no knowledge of graphics formats. The script will handle any image format known to identify(1) including PNG, GIF, JPEG, XBM, XPM, PostScript, BMP, TIFF, and anything else even remotely likely to show up as an inline image. NOTE
The -q, -l, and -m options of the 1.0 versions are gone. What they used to do has been made unnecessary by smarter logic. BUGS
The code uses regular expressions rather than true HTML/XML parsing. Some perverse but legal constructions, like extraneous space within quoted numeric attributes, will be mangled. AUTHOR
Originally created by Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com>. Additional code contributed by Erik Rossen, Michael C. Toren <michael@toren.net>, and others. For updates, see <http://www.catb.org/~esr: http://www.catb.org/~esr> SEE ALSO
identify(1), file(1), rdjpgcom(1). IMGSIZER(1)