Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Ravinder Singh Just Earned His Green Web Dev Ops Badge Post 303028228 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 2nd of January 2019 09:44:03 AM
Old 01-02-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Congrats to Ravinder Singh for his new Green Web Dev Ops badge.
Everyone starts to learn and grown in technology and Ravinder is starting to learn Web Dev and is making progress quickly.
Thanks a TON Neo, feeling GREAT by seeing this GREEN color badge(learning under your guidance here), trying hard to learn php and contribute a bit in forum's development work. Hope 1 day I could become good DEV, fingers crossed.

Thanks,
R. Singh
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Web Dev

Could someone recommend a good book? Regarding Unix and Mac os X? I know the OS is new, but Unix ain't. I would like to know more about setting up the webserver on my machine. All the HTML works fine, it's just when i try to execute a cgi, php or a pl script.. :( I have tried and tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chojin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team

On this special Happy News Year day, 1 January 2019, I am pleased to promote Ravinder Singh to UNIX.COM Moderator, for at least the following reasons: Ravinder Loves UNIX.COM Ravinder has 1,372 Thanks, which puts him in the Top Ten in that important single category. Ravinder is one of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

5. Web Development

Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II

Part II: Current PHP file Beta 73 Not Optimized: <?php $version = 73; $query = "SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user WHERE userid='" . $uid . "'"; $usertable = $db->query_read_slave($query); $modaluser = $db->fetch_array($usertable); $modaluser = gmdate("d F Y", $modaluser); $modaluser... (48 Replies)
48 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Moderators of the Year 2019 - Ravinder Singh and Victor Berridge

Today, I am very pleased to announce that the Moderator of the Year Award, 2019 has two very deserving winners. Ravinder Singh (RavinderSingh13) and Victor Berridge (vbe) Victor (vbe) has been a member of unix.com close to 15 years (first joined the site in 2005) and has been moderating... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
Dev(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    Dev(3)

NAME
PDL::Core::Dev - PDL development module DESCRIPTION
This module encapsulates most of the stuff useful for PDL development and is often used from within Makefile.PL's. SYNOPSIS
use PDL::Core::Dev; FUNCTIONS
isbigendian Is the machine big or little endian? print "Your machins is big endian. " if isbigendian(); returns 1 if the machine is big endian, 0 if little endian, or dies if neither. It uses the "byteorder" element of perl's %Config array. my $retval = isbigendian(); trylink a perl configure clone if (trylink 'libGL', '', 'char glBegin(); glBegin();', '-lGL') { $libs = '-lGLU -lGL'; $have_GL = 1; } else { $have_GL = 0; } $maybe = trylink 'libwhatever', $inc, $body, $libs, $cflags, {MakeMaker=>1, Hide=>0, Clean=>1}; Try to link some C-code making up the body of a function with a given set of library specifiers return 1 if successful, 0 otherwise trylink $infomsg, $include, $progbody, $libs [,$cflags,{OPTIONS}]; Takes 4 + 2 optional arguments. o an informational message to print (can be empty) o any commands to be included at the top of the generated C program (typically something like "#include "mylib.h"") o the body of the program (in function main) o library flags to use for linking. Preprocessing by MakeMaker should be performed as needed (see options and example). o compilation flags. For example, something like "-I/usr/local/lib". Optional argument. Empty if omitted. o OPTIONS MakeMaker Preprocess library strings in the way MakeMaker does things. This is advisable to ensure that your code will actually work after the link specs have been processed by MakeMaker. Hide Controls if linking output etc is hidden from the user or not. On by default except within the build of the PDL distribution where the config value set in perldl.conf prevails. Clean Remove temporary files. Enabled by default. You might want to switch it off during debugging. perl v5.12.1 2009-12-27 Dev(3)