Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028221 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 2nd of January 2019 09:05:38 AM
Old 01-02-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Well, we don't need to invoke on login, because sometimes a user will not logout for days or weeks.
We can invoke when user views any page, but I guess the best is "showthread" because anyone who is looking at a thread, is "active"...
Regarding your badging logic, I thought you were going to write badge logic for consecutive days active, no?
Your logic seems to only count days, consecutive days or not....
Is that want you want? Just counting days? Not consecutive days?
No, I have taken care of consecutive days, if condition 2nd is NOT TRUE means (today's date - 1) != lastlogin) then it again sets daily_login_count to 1 rather than adding 1 to its count, hence taken care of consecutive thing.

Now coming to logging out logic(I have a question here), whenever we see Who is Online page then after 29 mins I see people will not be seen isn't it they are logged out now from forum(sorry till now I thought this only that user's sessions have 30 mins expiring time)?

Thanks,
R. Singh

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
timetrans(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    timetrans(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans - Convert an integer seconds count into text units. SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans; $timestring = timetrans(86488); $timestring = fuzzytimetrans(86488); DESCRIPTION
The timetrans() interface in Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans converts an integer seconds count into the equivalent number of days, hours, and minutes. The time converted is a relative time, not an absolute time. The returned time is given in terms of days, hours, minutes, and seconds, as required to express the seconds count appropriately. The fuzzytimetrans() interface converts an integer seconds count into the equivalent number of weeks or days or hours or minutes. The unit chosen is that which is most natural for the seconds count. One decimal place of precision is included in the result. INTERFACES
The interfaces to the Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans module are given below. timetrans() This routine converts an integer seconds count into the equivalent number of days, hours, and minutes. This converted seconds count is returned as a text string. The seconds count must be greater than zero or an error will be returned. Return Values: If a valid seconds count was given, the count converted into the appropriate text string will be returned. An empty string is returned if no seconds count was given or if the seconds count is less than one. fuzzytimetrans() This routine converts an integer seconds count into the equivalent number of weeks, days, hours, or minutes. This converted seconds count is returned as a text string. The seconds count must be greater than zero or an error will be returned. Return Values: If a valid seconds count was given, the count converted into the appropriate text string will be returned. An empty string is returned if no seconds count was given or if the seconds count is less than one. EXAMPLES
timetrans(400) returns 6 minutes, 40 seconds timetrans(420) returns 7 minutes timetrans(888) returns 14 minutes, 48 seconds timetrans(86400) returns 1 day timetrans(86488) returns 1 day, 28 seconds timetrans(715000) returns 8 days, 6 hours, 36 minutes, 40 second timetrans(720000) returns 8 days, 8 hours fuzzytimetrans(400) returns 6.7 minutes fuzzytimetrans(420) returns 7.0 minutes fuzzytimetrans(888) returns 14.8 minutes fuzzytimetrans(86400) returns 1.0 day fuzzytimetrans(86488) returns 1.0 day fuzzytimetrans(715000) returns 1.2 weeks fuzzytimetrans(720000) returns 1.2 weeks COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wayne Morrison, tewok@tislabs.com SEE ALSO
timetrans(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-18 timetrans(3pm)