Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028221 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 2nd of January 2019 09:05:38 AM
Old 01-02-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Well, we don't need to invoke on login, because sometimes a user will not logout for days or weeks.
We can invoke when user views any page, but I guess the best is "showthread" because anyone who is looking at a thread, is "active"...
Regarding your badging logic, I thought you were going to write badge logic for consecutive days active, no?
Your logic seems to only count days, consecutive days or not....
Is that want you want? Just counting days? Not consecutive days?
No, I have taken care of consecutive days, if condition 2nd is NOT TRUE means (today's date - 1) != lastlogin) then it again sets daily_login_count to 1 rather than adding 1 to its count, hence taken care of consecutive thing.

Now coming to logging out logic(I have a question here), whenever we see Who is Online page then after 29 mins I see people will not be seen isn't it they are logged out now from forum(sorry till now I thought this only that user's sessions have 30 mins expiring time)?

Thanks,
R. Singh

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
XORGFOUNDATION(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual					 XORGFOUNDATION(7)

NAME
XOrgFoundation - X.Org Foundation information SYNOPSIS
Release 6.7 and later of X Version 11 is brought to you by the X.Org Foundation. DESCRIPTION
The X.Org Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) charity corporation. It was formed in 2004 as the successor to the X.Org Group at The Open Group. The purpose of the X.Org Foundation is to foster the development, evolution, and maintenance of the X Window Sys- tem, a comprehensive set of vendor-neutral, system-architecture neutral, network-transparent windowing and user interface standards. Mem- bership in the X.Org Foundation is free and open to anyone. The X.Org Foundation hosts a public git repository of the source code on freedesktop.org. The X Window System was created in the mid-1980s at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 1988, MIT formed a member-funded consor- tium to provide the technical and administrative leadership necessary to support further development of the X Window System. In 1992, MIT and the membership decided it was in their best interests to move the consortium out of MIT and create an independent, stand-alone organi- zation. All rights to the X Window System were assigned by MIT to X Consortium, Inc. on January 1, 1994. On December 31, 1996 the X Con- sortium, Inc. closed its doors and all rights to the X Window System were assigned to The Open Group (then known as the Open Software Foun- dation). ADDRESSES
The X.Org Foundation's web site is http://www.x.org/ The X.Org Foundation's public ftp site is ftp://ftp.x.org/ Information about the X.Org Foundation git repository is on the X.Org web site at http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/git X Version 11 xorg-docs 1.6 XORGFOUNDATION(7)