Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028215 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 2nd of January 2019 07:46:05 AM
Old 01-02-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ravinder,
Please write the logic for the "current number of consecutive days active on the forums" ....
If you need a new MySQL table please specific the table definition and I will create it.
Thanks!
Thanks a TON Neo for coding all these badges,sorry I am not having proper access in office(only IE is there so not able to perform anything).

For writing logic for consecutive days one,is it ok if I first present logic rather than code(as I know php which I learnt from you in last few days, I know I could write logic for it. Please do give me an hour or so I will write it here.

EDIT: Also request you to edit string so that it will be clear that people received THANKS from others, may be as follows. Ahhh if I would have access in office today I would have tried to write 1 of them.

Code:
$('.fa-rocket').css("cursor","pointer").attr("title",  badge["farocketval"] + " Thanks received in the Last Month");

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 01-02-2019 at 08:51 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
TV_GRAB_IL(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    TV_GRAB_IL(1p)

NAME
tv_grab_il - Grab TV listings for Israel. SYNOPSIS
tv_grab_il --help tv_grab_il --version tv_grab_il --capabilities tv_grab_il --description tv_grab_il [--config-file FILE] [--days N] [--offset N] [--output FILE] [--quiet] [--debug] tv_grab_il --configure [--config-file FILE] tv_grab_il --configure-api [--stage NAME] [--config-file FILE] [--output FILE] tv_grab_il --list-channels [--config-file FILE] [--output FILE] [--quiet] [--debug] DESCRIPTION
Output TV listings in XMLTV format for many channels available in Israel. The data comes from tv.walla.co.il. First you must run tv_grab_il --configure to choose which channels you want to receive. Then running tv_grab_il with no arguments will get a listings in XML format for the channels you chose for available days including today. OPTIONS
--configure Prompt for which channels to download and write the configuration file. --config-file FILE Set the name of the configuration file, the default is ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_il.conf. This is the file written by --configure and read when grabbing. --output FILE When grabbing, write output to FILE rather than standard output. --days N When grabbing, grab N days rather than all available days. --offset N Start grabbing at today + N days. N may be negative. --quiet Suppress the progress-bar normally shown on standard error. --debug Provide more information on progress to stderr to help in debugging. --list-channels Write output giving <channel> elements for every channel available (ignoring the config file), but no programmes. --capabilities Show which capabilities the grabber supports. For more information, see <http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XmltvCapabilities> --version Show the version of the grabber. --help Print a help message and exit. ERROR HANDLING
If the grabber fails to download data for some channel on a specific day, it will print an errormessage to STDERR and then continue with the other channels and days. The grabber will exit with a status code of 1 to indicate that the data is incomplete. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variable HOME can be set to change where configuration files are stored. All configuration is stored in $HOME/.xmltv/. On Windows, it might be necessary to set HOME to a path without spaces in it. SUPPORTED CHANNELS
For information on supported channels, see http://tv.walla.co.il/ AUTHOR
lightpriest. This documentation and parts of the code based on various other tv_grabbers from the XMLTV-project. SEE ALSO
xmltv(5). perl v5.14.2 2011-12-19 TV_GRAB_IL(1p)