Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028215 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 2nd of January 2019 07:46:05 AM
Old 01-02-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ravinder,
Please write the logic for the "current number of consecutive days active on the forums" ....
If you need a new MySQL table please specific the table definition and I will create it.
Thanks!
Thanks a TON Neo for coding all these badges,sorry I am not having proper access in office(only IE is there so not able to perform anything).

For writing logic for consecutive days one,is it ok if I first present logic rather than code(as I know php which I learnt from you in last few days, I know I could write logic for it. Please do give me an hour or so I will write it here.

EDIT: Also request you to edit string so that it will be clear that people received THANKS from others, may be as follows. Ahhh if I would have access in office today I would have tried to write 1 of them.

Code:
$('.fa-rocket').css("cursor","pointer").attr("title",  badge["farocketval"] + " Thanks received in the Last Month");

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 01-02-2019 at 08:51 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
make_combined_log.pl(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   make_combined_log.pl(1)

NAME
make_combined_log.pl - make combined logfile from SQL database SYNOPSIS
make_combined_log.pl <days> <virtual host> DESCRIPTION
This perl script extracts the httpd access data from a MySQL database and formats it properly for parsing by 3rd-party log analysis tools. The script is intended to be run out by cron. Its commandline arguments tell it how many days' worth of access records to extract, and which virtual_host you are interested in (because many people log several virthosts to one MySQL db.) This permits you to run it daily, weekly, every 9 days -- whatever you decide. NOTE
By "days" I mean "chunks of 24 hours prior to the moment this script is run." So if you run it at 4:34 p.m. on the 12th, it will go back through 4:34 p.m. on the 11th. KNOWN ISSUES
Because GET and POST are not discriminated in the MySQL log, we'll just assume that all requests are GETs. This should have negligible effect on any analysis software. This could be remedied IF you stored the full HTTP request in your database instead of just the URI, but that's going to cost you a LOT of space really quickly... Because this is somewhat of a quick hack it doesn't do the most robust error checking in the world. Run it by hand to confirm your usage before putting it in crontab. AUTHOR
Edward Rudd <eddie@omegaware.com> MAN PAGE CREATED BY
Michael A. Toth <lirul.lists@gmail.com> - based on comments of script COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man (1) by the same author. Manuals User make_combined_log.pl(1)