Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028185 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 1st of January 2019 11:53:40 AM
Old 01-01-2019
Hello Neo,

I have created code snippet for badge for a user completing anniversary on forums. I have put a condition here which validates that if a user is NOT ACTIVE from last 1 year OR user has NOT completed a year itself, then only he should be other than RED badge. Also I have made use of your previously used variable named $time_inactive along with $year here too.

Code:
<?php
$query = "SELECT TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(NOW(), FROM_UNIXTIME('jointime')))/(3600*24) AS 'join_time' FROM users WHERE userid =" . $uid;
$results = $db->query_first_slave($query);
if ($time_inactive < $year){
  if ($results['join_time'] > 0 && $results['join_time']<1) { 
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'orangered'; 
  } elseif ($results['join_time']<2 && $results['join_time']>=1) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'darkorange';
  } elseif ($results['join_time']<3 && $results['join_time']>=2) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'lightgray';
  } elseif ($results['join_time']<4 && $results['join_time']>=3) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'limegreen';
  }
    elseif ($results['join_time']<5 && $results['join_time']>=4) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'blue';
  }
    elseif ($results['join_time']<10 && $results['join_time']>=5) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'indigo';
  }
    elseif ($results['join_time']>=10) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'black';
  }
  else  { 
    $color['fajoin_time'] = 'red'; 
  }
}
else  { 
    $color['fajoin_time'] = 'red'; 
}

$badgejs .= 'badge["fajoin_time"] = "' . $color['fajoin_time'] . '";';  
$badgejs .= 'badge["fajoin_timeval"] = "' . number_format($results['join_time']) . '";';

jQuery: I haven't changed "chess-rook" name here, you could please select it as per availability of icons.

$('.fa-chess-rook').css("color",badge["fajoin_time"]);
$('.fa-chess-rook').css("cursor","pointer").attr("title", badge["fajoin_time"] + " Days in UNIX.com forums");
$('.fa-chess-rook').closest('div').find('.fa-circle').css("color",badge["fajoin_time]);

I have checked php code's syntax on online syntax checker in link PHP Code Checker - Syntax Check for Common PHP Mistakes and it didn't find ay issues in it.

NOTE: To validate query stuff I created a dummy schema and table in my vmware test machine and filled some dummy data entry in it to check query mentioned and looked ok there.

Thanks,
R. Singh

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-jy] [[month] year] cal [-j] -m month [year] ncal [-jJpwy] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-Jeo] [year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. -o Display date of orthodox easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as specified by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calendar for the month of August in the current year). A year starts on Jan 1. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian--Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. BSD
November 23, 2004 BSD