Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028185 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 1st of January 2019 11:53:40 AM
Old 01-01-2019
Hello Neo,

I have created code snippet for badge for a user completing anniversary on forums. I have put a condition here which validates that if a user is NOT ACTIVE from last 1 year OR user has NOT completed a year itself, then only he should be other than RED badge. Also I have made use of your previously used variable named $time_inactive along with $year here too.

Code:
<?php
$query = "SELECT TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(NOW(), FROM_UNIXTIME('jointime')))/(3600*24) AS 'join_time' FROM users WHERE userid =" . $uid;
$results = $db->query_first_slave($query);
if ($time_inactive < $year){
  if ($results['join_time'] > 0 && $results['join_time']<1) { 
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'orangered'; 
  } elseif ($results['join_time']<2 && $results['join_time']>=1) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'darkorange';
  } elseif ($results['join_time']<3 && $results['join_time']>=2) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'lightgray';
  } elseif ($results['join_time']<4 && $results['join_time']>=3) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'limegreen';
  }
    elseif ($results['join_time']<5 && $results['join_time']>=4) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'blue';
  }
    elseif ($results['join_time']<10 && $results['join_time']>=5) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'indigo';
  }
    elseif ($results['join_time']>=10) {
        $color['fajoin_time'] = 'black';
  }
  else  { 
    $color['fajoin_time'] = 'red'; 
  }
}
else  { 
    $color['fajoin_time'] = 'red'; 
}

$badgejs .= 'badge["fajoin_time"] = "' . $color['fajoin_time'] . '";';  
$badgejs .= 'badge["fajoin_timeval"] = "' . number_format($results['join_time']) . '";';

jQuery: I haven't changed "chess-rook" name here, you could please select it as per availability of icons.

$('.fa-chess-rook').css("color",badge["fajoin_time"]);
$('.fa-chess-rook').css("cursor","pointer").attr("title", badge["fajoin_time"] + " Days in UNIX.com forums");
$('.fa-chess-rook').closest('div').find('.fa-circle').css("color",badge["fajoin_time]);

I have checked php code's syntax on online syntax checker in link PHP Code Checker - Syntax Check for Common PHP Mistakes and it didn't find ay issues in it.

NOTE: To validate query stuff I created a dummy schema and table in my vmware test machine and filled some dummy data entry in it to check query mentioned and looked ok there.

Thanks,
R. Singh

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
ikiwiki-calendar(1)					      General Commands Manual					       ikiwiki-calendar(1)

NAME
ikiwiki-calendar - create calendar archive pages SYNOPSIS
ikiwiki-calendar [-f] your.setup [pagespec] [startyear [endyear]] DESCRIPTION
ikiwiki-calendar creates pages that use the ikiwiki/directive/calendar directive, allowing the archives to be browsed one month at a time, with calendar-based navigation. You must specify the setup file for your wiki. The pages will be created inside its srcdir, beneath the archivebase directory used by the calendar plugin (default "archives"). To control which pages are included on the calendars, a ikiwiki/PageSpec can be specified. The default is all pages, or the pages specified by the comments_pagespec setting in the config file. A pagespec can also be specified on the command line. To limit it to only posts in a blog, use something like "posts/* and !*/Discussion". It defaults to creating calendar pages for the current year. If you specify a year, it will create pages for that year. Specify a second year to create pages for a span of years. Existing pages will not be overwritten by this command by default. Use the -f switch to force it to overwrite any existing pages. CRONTAB
While this command only needs to be run once a year to update the archive pages for each new year, you are recommended to set up a cron job to run it daily, at midnight. Then it will also update the calendars to highlight the current day. An example crontab: 0 0 * * * ikiwiki-calendar ~/ikiwiki.setup 'posts/* and !*/Discussion' TEMPLATES
This command uses two templates to generate the pages, calendarmonth.tmpl and calendaryear.tmpl. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@ikiwiki.info> ikiwiki-calendar(1)