Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028173 by Neo on Tuesday 1st of January 2019 07:29:34 AM
Old 01-01-2019
Just created a Patreon sponsorship badge for the forums, which is for current VIP members and future Patreon sponsors.

In addition, after we finishing the badging page I going to set of a Patreon grid for all qualified forum members who have Patreon accounts.

Code:
<?php
$vipgroups = array('14', '17');
$patreonBlack = array();
$patreonIndigo = array();
$patreonBlue = array();
$patreonLimeGreen = array();
if (in_array($modaluser['usergroupid'], $vipgroups) || in_array($modaluser['userid'], $patreonBlue)) {
    $color['fapatreon'] = 'blue';
} elseif (in_array($modaluser['userid'], $patreonLimeGreen)) {
    $color['fapatreon'] = 'limegreen';
} elseif (in_array($modaluser['userid'], $patreonBlack)) {
    $color['fapatreon'] = 'blue';
} elseif (in_array($modaluser['userid'], $patreonIndigo)) {
    $color['fapatreon'] = 'indigo';
} elseif (in_array($modaluser['userid'], $patreonBlack)) {
    $color['fapatreon'] = 'black';
} else {
    $color['fapatreon'] = 'lightgray';
}

Code:
$('.fa-patreon').css("color",badge["fapatreon"]);
$('.fa-patreon').css("cursor","pointer").attr("title",  "Patreon Sponsor or VIP Member");
$('.fa-patreon').closest('div').find('.fa-circle').css("color",badge["fapatreon"];

)

13 prototype badges out of 48 done..... 12 left.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
MEMBERS(1)						      General Commands Manual							MEMBERS(1)

NAME
members - outputs members of a group SYNOPSIS
members groupname DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the members commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. members is a program that sends a space-separated list of secondary member names to its standard output. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -a, --all Show all group members on one line. This is the default. -p, --primary Show only primary group members. -s, --secondary Show only secondary group members. -t, --two-lines Send two lines to standard output. First line is primary members, second line is secondary members. NOTE: This always displays two lines, even if there are no members at all. -h, --help Show summary of options. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 (i.e. "success") if the group was found, and 1 (i.e., "failure") if the group was not found. Technically, the exit status hinges on the output of getgrnam(3) as follows: if getgrnam(3) returns a null pointer, the exit status is 1, and 0 otherwise. BUGS
I don't know of any! If you find one, please let me know! SEE ALSO
groups(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jim Lynch <jim@laney.edu>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). MEMBERS(1)