Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team Post 303028154 by Neo on Tuesday 1st of January 2019 01:16:21 AM
Old 01-01-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
Hi .... P.S. Note that from where I sit (here in California), you were promoted in 2018; not on New Year's Day in 2019. Nonetheless, Happy New Year to everyone out there!

Haha.. It's 11:30 AM Bangalore time, New Years Day.

I was actually going to promote Ravinder at the clock stroke of Midnight Bangalore time, the first tick of the clock on New Years Day 2019 Bangalore time, but it was 1:30 AM (I am 1 1/5 hours ahead of Ravinder) here and I fell asleep!!
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Ravinder Singh Just Earned His Green Web Dev Ops Badge

Congrats to Ravinder Singh for his new Green Web Dev Ops badge. Everyone starts to learn and grown in technology and Ravinder is starting to learn Web Dev and is making progress quickly. https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture1010.png (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Peasant to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our new policy for future forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating our new addition to our mod team, Peasant: Peasant (Filip Skoblar) on LinkedIn Peasant is also an active moderator on our... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Yoda (Bipin Ajith) to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our policy for forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and also to increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating the newest addition to our mod team, Yoda: Bipin Ajith (Yoda) Yoda has been hanging around unix.com for over eight years now and... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Akshay Hegde to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our policy for forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and also to increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating the newest addition to our mod team, Akshay Hegde: Akshay Hegde on LinkedIn Akshay has been very helpful to the site over the... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Moderators of the Year 2019 - Ravinder Singh and Victor Berridge

Today, I am very pleased to announce that the Moderator of the Year Award, 2019 has two very deserving winners. Ravinder Singh (RavinderSingh13) and Victor Berridge (vbe) Victor (vbe) has been a member of unix.com close to 15 years (first joined the site in 2005) and has been moderating... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)