Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Developing Applications for UNIX.COM Post 303028114 by Neo on Monday 31st of December 2018 08:01:00 AM
Old 12-31-2018
Hey Ravinder,
  1. We not going to provide any APIs for backend user data until the current badging system project is done.
  2. Also, you have a lot of learning todo before you go from "zero" to pulling down data via an API and build a vuejs app ("hero"). You need to build some simple apps first and demo some basic ability with the development IDE before getting API data from our server.
  3. And, also before getting API access for back end data, you need to provide me with some some basic plan (what you are going to build) and some example working applications which show you have learned the basics with the VueJS-Bootstrap Node.js IDE.
  4. Then you can get me to write the back end API for you and we will exchange crypto keys for API security Smilie Smilie

You have a lot of badging systems tasks on your plate. Please get those done first before moving to other projects!

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing applications/commands on a unix server from a windows PC

i have a network drive (samba) mounted on to my PC and also i have SSH client on my machine. however i need to run applications/commands on a unix server from the middle of a different executable(windows compatable one). so i need to connect to the unix server from SSH through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What kind of security applications UNIX and Windows have in common?

Hi guys, may I know what kind of security applications do UNIX and Windows have in common? This is related to a project that is approaching its deadline, so would you all please be kind enough to help me? Thank You. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: austintham
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

developing a Kernel for old old Unix?

Hello all , My father has been running the last version of unix before all the liscensing began 20 or so years ago. In his particular field his programmer has written a great deal of software to work with this version. Emulating so newer computers could speak to the unix server as well. Im sure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill78
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I rebuild applications that developed in UNIX? I need to use it in windows os with cygwin

I need to rebuild an application that developed in unix environment and run in windows OS with cygwin. so How can I rebuild from the source code? is there any one who said something on this regard? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejirond
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to know the applications

Hi, I have a unix server, I want to know which user applicaions are running on that server. Is there any command ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Type of UNIX applications

Hello, We are planning a migration from UNIX (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris) to Linux on AZURE. I know it sounds like extremely complicated :( That's why we need your help :) We are at the beggining of stage. We need to categorize the types of applications (software) that generally runs on UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anton.robidson
3 Replies
hbaapi(3C)																hbaapi(3C)

NAME
hbaapi - Fibre Channel Storage Network Industry Association Host Bus Adapter Application Programming Interface (FC SNIA HBA API) DESCRIPTION
The Common HBA API provides a consistent HBA standard interface for accessing information in a Fibre Channel Storage Area Network (SAN) that would be implemented across vendors as a standard 'C' API supported by vendor specific library instances. This API library is thread-safe, but threads should not be cancelled when execution is in the API. The following functions are available in the API for managing a Fibre Channel HBA. This API would be exposed to upper level applications to control SAN functionality. Please refer to for details on structures used. 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. FCP Information Functions require that the applications calling them have an effective user id as that of the root user (euid = 0). 20. 21. 22. SCSI Information Functions require that the applications calling them have an effective user id as that of the root user (euid = 0). 23. 24. FILES
Contains the related data structures and definitions as in AUTHOR
These APIs were developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
HBA_GetVersion(3C), HBA_LoadLibrary(3C), HBA_FreeLibrary(3C), HBA_GetNumberOfAdapters(3C), HBA_GetAdapterName(3C), HBA_OpenAdapter(3C), HBA_CloseAdapter(3C), HBA_GetAdapterAttributes(3C), HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3C), HBA_GetPortStatistics(3C), HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAt- tributes(3C), HBA_GetPortAttributesByWWN(3C), HBA_SendCTPassThru(3C), HBA_GetEventBuffer(3C), HBA_SetRNIDMgmtInfo(3C), HBA_GetRNIDMgmt- Info(3C), HBA_SendRNID(3C), HBA_GetFcpTargetMapping(3C), HBA_GetFcpPersistentBinding(3C), HBA_SendScsiInquiry(3C), HBA_SendReportLUNs(3C), HBA_SendReadCapacity(3C), HBA_RefreshInformation(3C), HBA_ResetStatistics(3C). hbaapi(3C)