Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to configure Xorg and fvwm on x86 Solaris 10 update 10? Post 303028077 by vectrum on Sunday 30th of December 2018 05:10:30 PM
Old 12-30-2018
Please tell me where I should put the script.
I, being a non-root user, want to start X from command line

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cant configure video & nic (solaris 8 on x86)

can someone please through light on how to configure video and nic. Dimension 3000 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz 256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz EA 0.00 0.00 17 in (17 in viewable) E173FP Flat Panel Display EA Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 EA Intel Pro 100M Integrated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmpy
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Where Xorg X-Lock file is located in Solaris?

I am using Xorg server with Solaris 10. After unnormal poweroff dtlogin tells: "The X-server can not be started on display :0" I am absolutelly sure it is because there is still a X-lock file from the previouse X-session somewhere, but I do not know where is it located in Solaris! :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding Solaris 10 x86 Update.

:) I have question regarding Solaris 10 x86 Update ,does it require sunsolve account and if am using Solaris 10 x86 for learning ,how to get sunsolve account with out a contract number .i am very in need for this update . Please if any can help, help is highly appreciated :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibasit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

5. Linux

Linux ES 4 Update 4 (x86)

I have cdrom with the following files which I copieed on my hard drive. RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc1.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc4.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc2.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc5.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc3.iso What shell I do now to upgrade linux version. :o Thank you zam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Configure NIS Client for Solaris7 x86

HI Unix Gurus i am new to Solaris OS, i want to configure NIS CLient for Solaris 7 x86 Machine. i need what are the step and how to configure it in that machine.. please let me know Thanks in Advance Regards ..kiruba.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkkirubakaran
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure Proxy Server in Solaris 10 (X86)

Hi , I have installed solaris 10 on x 86 architecture. Now i want to configure this system as Proxy Server. I am new to the solaris. Please help me how can i configure this. Which packages or patches are needed ? or Which files have to be modify ? Please help me to resolve. Thanks and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raviraj001
0 Replies
FVWM-THEMES-COM(1)						   Fvwm Utility 						FVWM-THEMES-COM(1)

NAME
fvwm-themes-com - fvwm-themes communication center SYNOPSIS
fvwm-themes-com [ --help] [ --version] [ --name name ] [ --message message ] [ --lock-and-get ] [ --get-buffer ] [ --clear-buffer ] [ --buffer-name name ] [ --line lineNbr] DESCRIPTION
This script is not a user script. It is used by Fvwm-Themes for communication between some FvwmScript scripts and some other programs. Basically, you want to start a programs in the background which support the fvwm-themes-com communication protocol (e.g., fvwm-themes-menu- app and fvwm-themes-config with the com-mode option can be used as generic examples), then you can use fvwm-themes-com to ask questions or to give instructions to the background program. The answer are displayed by fvwm-themes-com in the standard out put and can be used by a FvwmScript script via the GetoutPut instruction. The advantage of using this method is that the background program have to do its main job only once (e.g., parsing a lot of informations and storing them in some variables) and a script can have very fast answer from the back- ground program via fvwm-themes-com. OPTIONS
--help - show the help and exit --version - show the version and exit --name name - the name of the communication (e.g., if you start fvwm-themes-menuapp with --com-name pid option you must use menuapp-pid as name to communicate with it). The pipe used for communication are $FVWM_DATADIR/{.tmp-com-in-name,tmp-com-out-name,tmp-com-lock-name}. The "buffer" file is $FVWM_USERDIR/.tmp-com-buffer-name --message - A one line message to be sent to the back program. --lock-and-get - Wait (a certain "time out") for an answer of the message. Then, the answer is displayed on STDOUT. --line n - n must be an integer n > 0. In the case of a lock and get message, fvwm-themes-com will out put only the nth line of the answer of the back program on STDOUT and will copy the complete answer in a "buffer" file. If you use the get-buffer option the nth line of the buffer is out put on STDOUT. --get-buffer - Out put the buffer file on STDOUT. --buffer-name othername - Use an alternative name for the buffer file: $FVWM_USERDIR/.tmp-com-buffer-othername. This is usefull if two pro- grams use the same background program and both use the buffer. --clear-buffer - remove the buffer file. USAGE
Here an example: In the Script FvwmScript-Menus you first start the background program, here fvwm-themes-menuapp, and you set some variables for an easy use of fvwm-themes-com: # found the FvwmScript pid Set $CMD = {perl -e '$t=getppid; print $t . " "'} Set $PID = (GetOutput $CMD 1 -1) # Run fvwm-themes-menuapp until the end of the script Do {Exec fvwm-themes-menuapp --com-mode --com-name=menuapp-}$PID{ &} # to send fvwm-themes-com command Set $SendMsgAndGet = {fvwm-themes-com --name menuapp-}$PID{ --lock-and-get --message=} Set $SendMsg = {fvwm-themes-com --name menuapp-}$PID{ --message=} Set $GetLine = {fvwm-themes-com --name menuapp-}$PID{ --get-buffer --line=} Then in the Script you can ask fvwm-themes-menuapp for some informations: # Get the menu list Set $CMD = $SendMsgAndGet{"menu-items }$MENU{"} Set $ItemsList = (GetOutput $CMD 1 -1) ChangeTitle 11 $ItemsList You can also just send an instruction to fvwm-themes-menuapp: Set $CMD = $SendMsg{"exit"} Do {Exec }$CMD Of course your back program have to support the fvwm-themes-com protocol. See fvwm-themes-menuapp and fvwm-themes-config for examples (com- mode option). See also FvwmScript-Menus and FvwmScript-ThemesCenter. AUTHORS
Olivier Chapuis <olivier.chapuis@free.fr>, 5 May 2000. COPYING
The script is distributed by the same terms as fvwm itself. See GNU General Public License for details. BUGS
Report bugs to fvwm-themes-devel@lists.sourceforge.net 3rd Berkeley Distribution perl v5.6.0 FVWM-THEMES-COM(1)