Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace last n lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace last n lines Post 303028044 by onenessboy on Sunday 30th of December 2018 07:28:26 AM
Old 12-30-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenessboy
Hi Ravinder,

I tried your solution here is what it displays..
stlib='smb_static bsd z resolv rt' this line still shows..
Code:
[root@xx-xx--xxx source]# tac reptest | awk 'FNR!=2 && FNR!=3' | tac
if bld.env.SAMBA_DIR:
    bld.program(target='winexe-static',
        source='winexe.c svcinstall.c async.c winexesvc32_exe.c winexesvc64_exe.c',
        includes=bld.env.SAMBA_DIR + '/bin/default/include/public',
        cflags='-pthread -include ' + bld.env.SAMBA_DIR + '/bin/default/include/config.h',
        linkflags='-pthread',
        stlibpath=bld.srcnode.abspath() + '/smb_static/build',
        stlib='smb_static bsd z resolv rt',

mean while i am trying head command too...let you know result
Ok, as of now I figured it out with different command that is head -n to remove last 3 lines and append new lines with >>

Code:
[root@ip-xxxxx source]# head -n -3 reptest > tmp.txt && cp tmp.txt reptest
cp: overwrite ‘reptest'? y
[root@ip-xxxxxx source]# echo -e '\t'"stlib='smb_dynamic bsd z resolv rt'", >> reptest
[root@ip-xxxxxx source]# echo -e '\t'"lib='dl ls'", >> reptest
[root@ip-xxxxxx source]# echo -e '\t'")" >> reptest
[root@ip-xxxxx source]# cat reptest
if bld.env.SAMBA_DIR:
    bld.program(target='winexe-static',
        source='winexe.c svcinstall.c async.c winexesvc32_exe.c winexesvc64_exe.c',
        includes=bld.env.SAMBA_DIR + '/bin/default/include/public',
        cflags='-pthread -include ' + bld.env.SAMBA_DIR + '/bin/default/include/config.h',
        linkflags='-pthread',
        stlibpath=bld.srcnode.abspath() + '/smb_static/build',
        stlib='smb_dynamic bsd z resolv rt',
        lib='dl ls',
        )

This User Gave Thanks to onenessboy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Search and replace lines containing...

Hi, I need a sed line that will find all lines that contain "<int key="NSWindowStyleMask">" and then replace the entire line (not just that one string) with "<int key="NSWindowStyleMask">8223</int>". It doesn't necessarily have to use sed as long as it gets the job done :) Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace lines in a file

I've got a file full of numbers, example: cat test.file 60835287 0 51758036 40242437 0 32737144 0 24179513 0 4131489957 I want to replace those numbers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace two lines with one

I want to use sed to check if a short line is contained in the line after it, and if it is, to delete the short one. In other words, the input is... This is a This is a line ... and I want it to give me... This is a line Here's what I've tried so far: s/\(^.*\)\n\(\1.*$\)/\2/ Also,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: estebandido
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace lines from one file to another

Hello, I have 8 lines containing these unique words in both files 645147468537 673962863160 673962864957 691717701950 707917019907 790085591726 792975507744 852174812753 file.dat.orig (has 1000 lines) and file.dat(has only 8 lines) I want to replace those lines in file.dat.orig by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace lines in a file

Hi everybody, I am a newbie in shell scripting and I'm trying to write a script which reads lines from a file, searching some of this lines to change a specified number. I want to replace the line for another in the file. I have to replace multiples lines, so I have a for. Now I am trying with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace Different Lines

Hi, I am looking at modifiying a file but getting a bit lost with what i am trying to do. I have the following file i need to alter. I want to search a list of files for the DEVSERIAL "0007862454" part but only the numbers. I then need to replace the line under DRIVES with the correct drive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forcefullpower
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed] Replace one line with two lines

Literally cannot get this one, guys. Single line replacement is simple, but I am not understanding the correct syntax for including a new line feed into the substitution part. Here's what I got. (Cannot use perl) #!/bin/sh set -f #Start Perms export HOME=/home/test_user # End Perms... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parallax
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace character in odd or even lines

Hello, I'm here again asking for your precious help. I'm writing some code to convert csv files to html. I want to highlight header and also I want to have rows with alternate colors. So far this is my work###Let's format first line only with some color cat $fileIN".tmp1" | sed '1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emare
7 Replies
ENV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    ENV(1)

NAME
env -- set and print environment SYNOPSIS
env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
env executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an environmental variable, name, with a value of value. The option '-i' causes env to completely ignore the environment it inherits. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name=value pair per line. DIAGNOSTICS
If the utility is invoked, the exit status of env shall be the exit status of utility; otherwise, the env utility exits with one of the fol- lowing values: 0 The env utility completed successfully 1-125 An error occurred in the env utility. 126 The utility specified by utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility specified by utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The historic - option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
env doesn't handle commands with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
August 27, 1993 BSD