Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? TRACKER for current tasks, backlogs and new thoughts for forum's development work. Post 303028022 by Neo on Sunday 30th of December 2018 01:17:23 AM
Old 12-30-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
Pending tasks:

1- Review Badge system in forums with different users, F.As, MODs.(I will be working on it as of now, anyone who is interested could join this task too).

New thoughts on new Badge system: We could cover these in Phase-II of Badge system in forums if possible.

1- System generated badges are ready, now if all experts OK to have user related badges eg--> a MOD could award a badge for good answer to any user/OP/F.A similarly a F.A could award a BADGE to any OP/other F.As etc, then 1 more category could be OP/normal user(not a MOD and not a F.A) for any good answer or appreciation.

Hey Ravinder, Thanks.

According to the current jQuery code, I have created the prototype logic for 24 our of 48 badges in the grid (half of them in a single day, not bad heh?).

See this jQuery file for detailed.

https://www.unix.com/scripts/js/badge.js?v=21

Also, there is crude mouse over titles (assigned in the jQuery file above) for each of the 24 (we can change the exact titles later of course, during the "refinement" phase).

My question to you and for your action:
  1. Should we change the current 6 x 8 grid to a 5 by 7 grid?
  2. If so, please pick 13 badges which are not yet allocated to "logic" which can be removed.

The reason I ask is that the 6 x 8 grid is a bit small on mobile, and 5 x 7 might look better, which means we would to assign "badge logic" to 35 (total) minus 24 (protos done) equals 11. I am OK with 48 or 35, my thought on 35 is only that it may better on my iPhone, I think. I'm OK with 48, but we can add them later in some future space and time.

Regarding "popups and notifiers" that is something we can look at later, but if we do implement notifiers, we will add a switch to make sure the member who do not like "award notifiers" (or notifiers and alerts in general), can turn them off and on easily. This is a simple switch, which I can add on the browser side in JS, so it's easy to do. (Actually, it is all easy, when we have great ideas and time to do it).
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Current Kernel Development

Information on current kernel development status & Compatibality Status. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting current work directory in Command Prompt

How to get the current working directory as part of the command prompt? Every time I chage the folder, my command prompt path shoud change. I am using Korn Shell. Any help is greatly appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

forum to post availability for work?

Hello. Is there a forum to post my availability for work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douglaskbell
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Bits Under Development: Forum Activity Index (FAI)

Working on some "new forum virtual economics" I have taken the total number of Bits in Circulation (user checking + savings) and divided that by the total number of posts, and have called this (for a lack of better name), the Forum Activity Index (FAI). You can now see this index on your banking... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies
GRID-MAPFILE-ADD-(8)						  Globus Commands					      GRID-MAPFILE-ADD-(8)

NAME
grid-mapfile-add-entry - Add an entry to a gridmap file SYNOPSIS
grid-mapfile-add-entry [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] grid-mapfile-add-entry {-dn DISTINGUISHED-NAME} {-ln LOCAL-NAME...} [[-d] | [-dryrun]] [[-mapfile MAPFILE] | [-f MAPFILE]] DESCRIPTION
The grid-mapfile-add-entry program adds a new mapping from an X.509 distinguished name to a local POSIX user name to a gridmap file. Gridmap files are used as a simple authorization method for services such as GRAM5 or GridFTP. The grid-mapfile-add-entry program verifies that the LOCAL-NAME is a valid user name on the system on which it was run, and that the mapping between DISTINGUISHED-NAME and LOCAL-NAME does not already exist in the gridmap file. By default, grid-mapfile-add-entry will modify the gridmap file named by the GRIDMAP environment variable if present, or the file /etc/grid-security/grid-mapfile if not. This can be changed by the use of the -mapfile or -f command-line options. If the gridmap file does not exist, grid-mapfile-add-entry will create it. If it already exists, grid-mapfile-add-entry will save the current contents of the file to a new file with the string .old appended to the file name. The full set of command-line options to grid-mapfile-add-entry are: -help, -usage Display the command-line options to grid-mapfile-add-entry. -version, -versions Display the version number of the grid-mapfile-add-entry command. The second form includes more details. -dn DISTINGUISHED-NAME The X.509 distinguished name to add a mapping for. The name should be in OpenSSL's oneline format. -ln LOCAL-NAME... The POSIX user name to map the distinguished name to. This name must be a valid username. Add multiple LOCAL-NAME strings after the -ln command-line option. If any of the local names are invalid, no changes will be made to the gridmap file. Note that if multiple occurances of the -ln command-line option are present, only the the last one will be added. -d, -dryrun Verify local names and display diagnostics about what would be added to the gridmap file, but don't actually modify the file. -mapfile MAPFILE, -f MAPFILE Modify the gridmap file named by MAPFILE instead of the default. EXAMPLES
Add a mapping between the current user's certificate to the current user id to a gridmap file in $HOME/.gridmap: % grid-mapfile-add-entry -f $HOME/.gridmap -dn "`grid-cert-info -subject`" -ln "`id -un`" Modifying /home/juser/.gridmap ... /home/juser/.gridmap does not exist... Attempting to create /home/juser/.gridmap New entry: "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" juser (1) entry added Add a mapping between the a distinguished name and multiple local names: % grid-mapfile-add-entry -dn "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" juser" local1 local2 Modifying /home/juser/.gridmap ... /home/juser/.gridmap does not exist... Attempting to create /home/juser/.gridmap New entry: "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" local1,local2 (1) entry added ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-mapfile-add-entry: GRIDMAP Path to the default gridmap to modify. FILES
The following files affect the execution of grid-mapfile-add-entry: /etc/grid-security/grid-mapfile Path to the default gridmap to modify if GRIDMAP environment variable is not set. SEE ALSO
grid-mapfile-check-consistency(8), grid-mapfile-delete-entry(8) AUTHOR
University of Chicago Globus Toolkit 5.0.1 03/19/2010 GRID-MAPFILE-ADD-(8)