Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write only changes to file - avoid duplicates Post 303028015 by aristosv on Saturday 29th of December 2018 06:00:32 PM
Old 12-29-2018
Actually instead of exporting the banned IP addresses every 60 seconds and writing them to a file, I ended up reading fail2ban log files to find which IP's were banned.

Code:
cat /var/log/fail2ban.log* | grep -o 'Ban.*' | sed 's/\<Ban\> //g' | sort -u

The actual issue that I am trying to solve, is that the current version of FreePBX can only run fail2ban v0.8.14, which does not maintain it's list of banned IP addresses after a reboot. So I wanted to somehow save the list of banned IP's, and after reboot, manually ban them again. Something like this:

Code:
for ip in $(cat /var/log/fail2ban.log* | grep -o 'Ban.*' | sed 's/\<Ban\> //g' | sort -u); do fail2ban-client set asterisk-iptables banip $ip; done

Which again is not really working 100%, so now I'm thinking of using iptables commands to ban the IP's, not fail2ban commands.

But I appreciate your suggestions and the discussion. It helps with the learning.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Avoid Duplicates in a file

Hi Gurus, I had a question regarding avoiding duplicates.i have a file abc.txt abc.txt ------- READER_1_1_1> HIER_28056 XML Reader: Error occurred while parsing:; line number ; column number READER_1_3_1> Sun Mar 23 23:52:48 2008 READER_1_3_1> HIER_28056 XML Reader: Error occurred while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid a temp file

Hi all. I want to check the free space on a given FS and process the output. Right now, I'm using a temp file to avoid using df twice. This is what I'm doing #!/usr/bin/ksh ... df -k $FS_NAME > $TMP_FILE 2>&1 if ]; then RESULT="CRITICAL - $(cat $TMP_FILE)" else cat $TMP_FILE | ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Parameter to avoid file being deleted by SAM

Good afternoon. I am a newbie. We just had a potentially big problem (negated to having good backups). Basically, there is an option in SAM, to delete all the data from the system that a user ever created. Lo and behold, silly me, I choose that option, and all sorts of needed files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid file creation in a script...achive same result

Guys following lines help me in getting numbers from PID column ,to be thrown into first column of a CSV file. COLUMNS=2047 /usr/bin/ps -eo pid,ppid,uid,user,args | grep -v "PID" > /tmp/masterPID.txt cat /tmp/masterPID.txt|while read line do PID=`echo $line|awk '{print $1}'` echo "$PID"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid open file to check field.

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt 94,aqqc,62345907, 5,aeec,77, # cat 1.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Date::Manip; open(my $FA, "/root/a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\,/, $_); if (index($tmp, "qq") ne -1) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

6. Programming

[c]Why first file is creating after the second. How to avoid

Hi, My Code is as below: nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); fclose(fic_sortie); sprintf(PATH_BALISE, "%s.balise", PATH); fic_balise_data = fopen(PATH_BALISE, "a+"); if (fic_balise_data == NULL) {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check remove duplicates but write before it

Hi alll I have a file with following kind input I want in output duplicates should not be there but there should be numbering mentioned before that like (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove duplicates and write sytematically

Hi all I have a file with following input It contains 5 columns gene name drug drug ID disease approved Now the same gene is repeated many times with different data in column2,3 ,4,5 I want to arrange dat in such a way that there shuld be one entry in the column(no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid ssh :Write failed: Broken pipe?

Hello, I am trying to run some code on Matlab over ssh . The code takes around 5-6 hours to complete. so after giving the command to run it , I locked my machine and then went off to sleep at night, only to discover in the morning that I get this message : ...Code running, partial results... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid overwriting backup file when multiple entries need to replace in one file input from another

Hello, I have been working on script in which search and replace the multiple pattern. 1. update_params.sh read the multiple pattern from input file ParamMapping.txt(old_entry|New_entry) and passing this values one by one to change_text.sh 2. change_text.sh read... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
0 Replies
FAIL2BAN-REGEX(1)						   User Commands						 FAIL2BAN-REGEX(1)

NAME
fail2ban-regex - test Fail2ban "failregex" option SYNOPSIS
fail2ban-regex [OPTIONS] <LOG> <REGEX> [IGNOREREGEX] DESCRIPTION
Fail2Ban reads log file that contains password failure report and bans the corresponding IP addresses using firewall rules. This tools can test regular expressions for "fail2ban". LOG: string a string representing a log line filename path to a log file (/var/log/auth.log) "systemd-journal" search systemd journal (systemd-python required) REGEX: string a string representing a 'failregex' filename path to a filter file (filter.d/sshd.conf) IGNOREREGEX: string a string representing an 'ignoreregex' filename path to a filter file (filter.d/sshd.conf) OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG set alternate config directory -d DATEPATTERN, --datepattern=DATEPATTERN set custom pattern used to match date/times --timezone=TIMEZONE, --TZ=TIMEZONE set time-zone used by convert time format -e ENCODING, --encoding=ENCODING File encoding. Default: system locale -r, --raw Raw hosts, don't resolve dns --usedns=USEDNS DNS specified replacement of tags <HOST> in regexp ('yes' - matches all form of hosts, 'no' - IP addresses only) -L MAXLINES, --maxlines=MAXLINES maxlines for multi-line regex. -m JOURNALMATCH, --journalmatch=JOURNALMATCH journalctl style matches overriding filter file. "systemd-journal" only -l LOG_LEVEL, --log-level=LOG_LEVEL Log level for the Fail2Ban logger to use -v, --verbose Increase verbosity --verbosity=VERBOSE Set numerical level of verbosity (0..4) --verbose-date, --VD Verbose date patterns/regex in output -D, --debuggex Produce debuggex.com urls for debugging there --print-no-missed Do not print any missed lines --print-no-ignored Do not print any ignored lines --print-all-matched Print all matched lines --print-all-missed Print all missed lines, no matter how many --print-all-ignored Print all ignored lines, no matter how many -t, --log-traceback Enrich log-messages with compressed tracebacks --full-traceback Either to make the tracebacks full, not compressed (as by default) AUTHOR
Written by Cyril Jaquier <cyril.jaquier@fail2ban.org>. Many contributions by Yaroslav O. Halchenko and Steven Hiscocks. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/issues COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2008 Cyril Jaquier, 2008- Fail2Ban Contributors Copyright of modifications held by their respective authors. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL). SEE ALSO
fail2ban-client(1) fail2ban-server(1) fail2ban-regex 0.10.2 January 2018 FAIL2BAN-REGEX(1)