Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to configure Xorg and fvwm on x86 Solaris 10 update 10? Post 303028005 by Neo on Saturday 29th of December 2018 10:23:49 AM

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cant configure video & nic (solaris 8 on x86)

can someone please through light on how to configure video and nic. Dimension 3000 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz 256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz EA 0.00 0.00 17 in (17 in viewable) E173FP Flat Panel Display EA Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 EA Intel Pro 100M Integrated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmpy
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Where Xorg X-Lock file is located in Solaris?

I am using Xorg server with Solaris 10. After unnormal poweroff dtlogin tells: "The X-server can not be started on display :0" I am absolutelly sure it is because there is still a X-lock file from the previouse X-session somewhere, but I do not know where is it located in Solaris! :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding Solaris 10 x86 Update.

:) I have question regarding Solaris 10 x86 Update ,does it require sunsolve account and if am using Solaris 10 x86 for learning ,how to get sunsolve account with out a contract number .i am very in need for this update . Please if any can help, help is highly appreciated :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibasit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

5. Linux

Linux ES 4 Update 4 (x86)

I have cdrom with the following files which I copieed on my hard drive. RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc1.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc4.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc2.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc5.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc3.iso What shell I do now to upgrade linux version. :o Thank you zam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Configure NIS Client for Solaris7 x86

HI Unix Gurus i am new to Solaris OS, i want to configure NIS CLient for Solaris 7 x86 Machine. i need what are the step and how to configure it in that machine.. please let me know Thanks in Advance Regards ..kiruba.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkkirubakaran
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure Proxy Server in Solaris 10 (X86)

Hi , I have installed solaris 10 on x 86 architecture. Now i want to configure this system as Proxy Server. I am new to the solaris. Please help me how can i configure this. Which packages or patches are needed ? or Which files have to be modify ? Please help me to resolve. Thanks and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raviraj001
0 Replies
FVWM-THEMES-START(1)					      General Commands Manual					      FVWM-THEMES-START(1)

NAME
fvwm-themes-start - FVWM Themes starter SYNOPSIS
fvwm-themes-start [ --session|-s name ] [ --no-start|-n ] [ --fvwm-exe|-e ] [ -- fvwm-args ] DESCRIPTION
This script runs fvwm with FVWM Themes. It should be run under X. Put a call to this script as the last line of your .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. OPTIONS
--session name - name of the FVWM Themes session. By default it is "main". This allows to have and run different FVWM Themes configuration. --no-start - do not start fvwm, just do preparation for starting it. This is useful to start FVWM Themes with a session manager, see FAQ. --fvwm-exe - changes the default executable, which is fvwm or whatever fvwm-config --fvwm-exe returns. -- everything after -- is passed to FVWM. See the fvwm(1) man page for the fvwm options. EXAMPLES
Most users just should put: fvwm-themes-start as the last line of their .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. If you want to use FVWM Themes with a real session manager, say GNOME, you need to use the --no-start option and put: fvwm-themes-start --no-start gnome-session as the last lines of your .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. The session option allows to use FVWM Themes with different configura- tions. Say, you want to use 3 different configurations under a normal FVWM session when FOO test is false, under gnome-session and under a normal FVWM session when FOO test is true. Then, your .xinitrc/.xsession file may look as follows (where $1 is the "first" argument given by startx, or by kdm or gdm ...): ... case $1 in fvwm) if FOO; Then fvwm-themes-start --session special else fvwm-themes-start fi ;; gnome) fvwm-themes-start --session gnome --no-start gnome-session ;; ... other cases ... esac Note that with most session managers (e.g., GNOME or XSM) it is preferable to give "fvwm -f themes-rc" as the starting window manager com- mand in the session manager. COPYING
The script is distributed by the same terms as fvwm-themes itself. See GNU General Public License for details. BUGS
Report bugs to fvwm-themes-devel@lists.sourceforge.net. Fvwm Utility 15/Aug/2000 FVWM-THEMES-START(1)