Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to configure Xorg and fvwm on x86 Solaris 10 update 10? Post 303028000 by vectrum on Saturday 29th of December 2018 08:34:34 AM
Old 12-29-2018
How to configure Xorg and fvwm on x86 Solaris 10 update 10?

I've installed Solaris 10 on P4 machine but, I don't like the current desktop e.g. CDE & JDS so I'd like to replace these with fvwm that comes from sunfreeware packages.
It's on /opt/sfw.
Please give me the steps to configure and run Xorg & fvwm as we do on Linux (with other wms).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cant configure video & nic (solaris 8 on x86)

can someone please through light on how to configure video and nic. Dimension 3000 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz 256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz EA 0.00 0.00 17 in (17 in viewable) E173FP Flat Panel Display EA Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 EA Intel Pro 100M Integrated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmpy
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Where Xorg X-Lock file is located in Solaris?

I am using Xorg server with Solaris 10. After unnormal poweroff dtlogin tells: "The X-server can not be started on display :0" I am absolutelly sure it is because there is still a X-lock file from the previouse X-session somewhere, but I do not know where is it located in Solaris! :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding Solaris 10 x86 Update.

:) I have question regarding Solaris 10 x86 Update ,does it require sunsolve account and if am using Solaris 10 x86 for learning ,how to get sunsolve account with out a contract number .i am very in need for this update . Please if any can help, help is highly appreciated :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibasit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

5. Linux

Linux ES 4 Update 4 (x86)

I have cdrom with the following files which I copieed on my hard drive. RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc1.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc4.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc2.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc5.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc3.iso What shell I do now to upgrade linux version. :o Thank you zam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Configure NIS Client for Solaris7 x86

HI Unix Gurus i am new to Solaris OS, i want to configure NIS CLient for Solaris 7 x86 Machine. i need what are the step and how to configure it in that machine.. please let me know Thanks in Advance Regards ..kiruba.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkkirubakaran
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure Proxy Server in Solaris 10 (X86)

Hi , I have installed solaris 10 on x 86 architecture. Now i want to configure this system as Proxy Server. I am new to the solaris. Please help me how can i configure this. Which packages or patches are needed ? or Which files have to be modify ? Please help me to resolve. Thanks and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raviraj001
0 Replies
FVWM-THEMES-MENUAPP(1)						   FVWM Utility 					    FVWM-THEMES-MENUAPP(1)

NAME
fvwm-themes-menuapp - fvwm-themes menus utility SYNOPSIS
fvwm-themes-menuapp --build-menu or --com-mode or--help or --version [ --site] [ --menu-files [file1,file2,...] ] [ --remove-popup] [ --com-name name] DESCRIPTION
This script is not a user script. It is used by Fvwm-Themes to do differrent task concerning menu and other related things. This scripts can do the following: Parse and rebuild FVWM configuration files to build a clean menu from them: application not in the path are removed, certain unuseful sub menus and separator are removed (--build-menus option). It can work in a locked way and communicate (via fvwm-themes-com) with FvwmScript-Menus or any other programs (--com-mode option). See below for the list of query that you can ask to fvwm-themes-menuapp via fvwm-themes-com. Plan for the future: use an application data base and parse and build (Mini)Icon Styles. OPTIONS
You must use (only) one of the following four options: --help - show the help and exit --version - show the version and exit --build-menus - Cause fvwm-themes-menuapp to build clean menus. --com-mode Run fvwm-themes-menuapp under the "communication mode". --menu-files [file1,file2,...] - files which are read and written by fvwm-themes-menuapp. By default, fvwm-themes-menuapp will read $FT_DATADIR/themes/default/menus-programs with the --site option. Without the --site option fvwm-themes-menuapp will read menus-programs and menus-extra (if found) in the fvwm-themes personal dir: $FVWM_USERDIR/themes/personal. If menus-programs is not found in this direc- tory the site's menus-programs file is used (the one under $FT_DATADIR). Moreover, if menus-extra is not found, a virtual such file is cre- ated so that the "personal" menus can be created (MenuFvwmPersonal) in it. --site - Change the default for the --menu-files option. --remove-popup - Remove the sub menu popup that popup empty menu (only useful with --build-menus). In fact only certain sub menu popup are removed. --com-name name - use name as name for communication with fvwm-themes-com. By default, "appmenu" is used, but you should use "app- menu-pid" as name where pid is the pid of the program that want to talk to fvwm-themes-menuapp so that fvwm-themes-menuapp can exit if this program exit and so that fvwm-themes-menuapp can kill the program if an internal error happen in fvwm-themes-menuapp. On the other hand, if you want to talk with fvwm-themes-menuapp in, say, a terminal you must not give an name as "menuapp-an_integer" as name. COMMUNICATION COMMANDS
Start fvwm-themes-menuapp as: fvwm-themes-menuapp --com-mode [--com-name=menuapp-pid ...] Then use fvwm-themes-com as: fvwm-themes-com --name menuapp[-pid] [--lock-and-get] --message="Command" where Command is one of the following. All this commands are "lock and get" but the exit command. A return value of 0 indicate an error. menus-list - List of the menus. root-menus-list - List of the "root" menus. root-menus i - ith root menu. menu-items menu_name - List of the items of the menu menu_name. item menu_name:i - Information on the ith item of the menu menu_name. remove menu_name:i - Remove the ith item of the menu menu_name. move-up menu_name:i - Move up the ith item of the menu menu_name. move-down menu_name:i - Move down the ith item of the menu menu_name. add-or-edit-item X --it='menu_name:i' --t='type' --n='name' --mi='menu-icon' --wd='working dir or window title' where X is either A for add or E for edit, see the code for details :) selection-items - List of the items in the selection. add-item-to-selection menu_name:i - Add the ith item of the menu menu_name to the selection. remove-sel-item i - Remove the ith item of the selection. remove-all-sel-item - Remove all the selection items. copy-sel-item menu_name:i:j - Copy the jth item of the selection after the ith item of the menu menu_name. copy-all-sel menu_name:i - Copy all the selection after the ith item of the menu menu_name. try - Out put the contents of the files (as soon as possible will run the good fvwm-themes-config command). save - wrote back the files exit - Stop fvwm-themes-menuapp. USAGE
When fvwm-themes is installed, fvwm-themes-menuapp is run as: fvwm-themes-menuapp --site --build-menus --remove-popup FvwmScript-Menus used (and in fact is based on) fvwm-themes-menuapp. See this FvwmScript script for examples with the com-mode option. AUTHORS
Olivier Chapuis <olivier.chapuis@free.fr>, 5 May 2000. COPYING
The script is distributed by the same terms as fvwm itself. See GNU General Public License for details. BUGS
Report bugs to fvwm-themes-devel@lists.sourceforge.net. perl v5.8.0 2003-06-05 FVWM-THEMES-MENUAPP(1)