Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write only changes to file - avoid duplicates Post 303027988 by RudiC on Saturday 29th of December 2018 03:16:45 AM
Old 12-29-2018
Wouldn't a periodical sort -u of the final result file solve those problems in one go at minimal cost? I'd guess searching the entire file for each new IP could become resource hungry.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Avoid Duplicates in a file

Hi Gurus, I had a question regarding avoiding duplicates.i have a file abc.txt abc.txt ------- READER_1_1_1> HIER_28056 XML Reader: Error occurred while parsing:; line number ; column number READER_1_3_1> Sun Mar 23 23:52:48 2008 READER_1_3_1> HIER_28056 XML Reader: Error occurred while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid a temp file

Hi all. I want to check the free space on a given FS and process the output. Right now, I'm using a temp file to avoid using df twice. This is what I'm doing #!/usr/bin/ksh ... df -k $FS_NAME > $TMP_FILE 2>&1 if ]; then RESULT="CRITICAL - $(cat $TMP_FILE)" else cat $TMP_FILE | ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Parameter to avoid file being deleted by SAM

Good afternoon. I am a newbie. We just had a potentially big problem (negated to having good backups). Basically, there is an option in SAM, to delete all the data from the system that a user ever created. Lo and behold, silly me, I choose that option, and all sorts of needed files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid file creation in a script...achive same result

Guys following lines help me in getting numbers from PID column ,to be thrown into first column of a CSV file. COLUMNS=2047 /usr/bin/ps -eo pid,ppid,uid,user,args | grep -v "PID" > /tmp/masterPID.txt cat /tmp/masterPID.txt|while read line do PID=`echo $line|awk '{print $1}'` echo "$PID"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid open file to check field.

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt 94,aqqc,62345907, 5,aeec,77, # cat 1.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Date::Manip; open(my $FA, "/root/a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\,/, $_); if (index($tmp, "qq") ne -1) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

6. Programming

[c]Why first file is creating after the second. How to avoid

Hi, My Code is as below: nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); fclose(fic_sortie); sprintf(PATH_BALISE, "%s.balise", PATH); fic_balise_data = fopen(PATH_BALISE, "a+"); if (fic_balise_data == NULL) {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check remove duplicates but write before it

Hi alll I have a file with following kind input I want in output duplicates should not be there but there should be numbering mentioned before that like (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove duplicates and write sytematically

Hi all I have a file with following input It contains 5 columns gene name drug drug ID disease approved Now the same gene is repeated many times with different data in column2,3 ,4,5 I want to arrange dat in such a way that there shuld be one entry in the column(no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid ssh :Write failed: Broken pipe?

Hello, I am trying to run some code on Matlab over ssh . The code takes around 5-6 hours to complete. so after giving the command to run it , I locked my machine and then went off to sleep at night, only to discover in the morning that I get this message : ...Code running, partial results... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid overwriting backup file when multiple entries need to replace in one file input from another

Hello, I have been working on script in which search and replace the multiple pattern. 1. update_params.sh read the multiple pattern from input file ParamMapping.txt(old_entry|New_entry) and passing this values one by one to change_text.sh 2. change_text.sh read... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
0 Replies
guess-helper(8) 						   NVRAM WakeUp 						   guess-helper(8)

NAME
guess-helper - Tries to guess the configuration by comparing four dumps of the NVRAM. SYNOPSIS
guess-helper DESCRIPTION
guess-helper is a helper program from the package nvram-wakeup. It will guide you through the procedure of creating the files needed for the program guess and eventually will run guess at the end. The output will be a configuration file which might even work ;-) Don't change any other BIOS settings you are not told to change until the procedure is finished. See README.mb for more details. SEE ALSO
nvram-wakeup(8), guess(8), README.mb HOMEPAGE
http://sf.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/ AUTHOR
Written by Sergei Haller <Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at the bug tracking system (see HOMEPAGE) or on the mailing list nvram-wakeup-devel@lists.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Sergei Haller. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA Linux Jul 07 2004 guess-helper(8)