Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Holiday Thoughts for the End of 2018 Post 303027970 by Neo on Friday 28th of December 2018 10:59:07 PM
Old 12-28-2018
Yes Ravinder, that is true.

I used to work hard on the computer and when my loved ones would come up to me and hug me and want to play and make me laugh, I would gently push them away; busy working on some IT project.

Now, unless it is an emergency (which is very rare), I stop all work and try to devote 100% of my attention to love, laughter, fun and embracing my loved ones in that moment when they come to me, even when I am busy focused on coding.

I could not agree with you more and writing these kind of "loved ones" ideas was going to be the "Part 2" of my thoughts for the end of 2018, in my future "thoughts for 2019" posts, but you kindly beat me to it.

Way to Go and Thanks!
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving holiday, everyone! Let's leave the computer alone, forget the Unix/Linux for a while, and enjoy your turkey and Foot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ball~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

holiday

hey all, I have set up a cron job which would be invoked at 1:00 am everyday. However, there is really no need to invoke such job if it's a public holiday so I am wondering if anyone have any idea on how to approach this? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Don't want to invoke job on holiday!

Hey all, I have a question about cron job, I want to invoke a program to perform some operations on database, however, this operation should only be invoked working day (weekday + not holiday) . Scheduling a job on weekday is easy but how about holiday? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Discussing Holiday Season Greetings with jlliagre

Hmm, didn't you press that "Submit new thread" button too early ? ;) Reference this post: https://www.unix.com/whats-your-mind/124692-seasons-greetings-happy-holidays-unix-linux-forums.html (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlliagre
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run scripts through AutoSys depending on holiday

Hi all, I am new to autosys. Can anyone help me in writing autosys job for the below script? Requirement is : 1.Every day it should run this script at particular time except on holidays. 2.The day after holiday some other script should be running. Thanks in advance. #!/bin/ksh #set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuramyenni
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Football / Soccer World Cup 2018 draw.

What is on Your Mind? 2018 FIFA World Cup - Wikipedia I'm hoping that England are drawn into positions B2, D3, G3 or G4 so that all their games will be outside usual UK office hours and people will not desert the office with mystery illnesses to watch the games. Expecting failure, so I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

The most common passwords this year, 2018.

/Me shakes my head. I went to my old workplace on Wednesday last, 12-12-2018, and one of the passwords on a laptop used was amongst the 25 displayed. Sadly I am unable to post the URL, garbage comes up... I can't delete the post either... --- Post updated at 08:34 PM --- Try again... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies
Date::Manip::ConfigFile(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Date::Manip::ConfigFile(3pm)

NAME
Date::Manip::ConfigFile - sample config file DESCRIPTION
Date::Manip is a highly configurable module. Many of the options can be set in a config file. This document includes a sample config file. The config file consists of three sections. The first section is config variables. This is described more fully in the Date::Manip::Config document. The second section is the holiday definition section. The third section is the event definition section. These are both described more fully in the Date::Manip::Holidays document. SAMPLE CONFIG FILE
The sample config file below works for newer versions of Date::Manip. Some of the config variables may change, or be deprecated, and some may not work with earlier versions of Date::Manip, so it is strongly suggested that you check out the documentation for the version of Date::Manip you are using to confirm any of the config variables you want to include. ################################ # CONFIG VARIABLES ################################ # See Date::Manip::Config man page for a description of all # config variables. # To include configuration information from additional # config files: ConfigFile = /path/to/another/config/file ConfigFile = /path/to/another/config/file2 # For handling other languages Language = English DateFormat = US Encoding = # Set the current timezone: SetDate = now,America/New_York # Set the work work WorkWeekBeg = 1 WorkWeekEnd = 5 WorkDay24Hr = 0 WorkDayBeg = 08:00 WorkDayEnd = 17:00 TomorrowFirst = 1 # Misc. variables YYtoYYYY = 89 FirstDay = 1 Jan1Week1 = 0 Printable = 0 DefaultTime = midnight RecurRange = none ################################ # HOLIDAYS ################################ # See the Date::Manip::Holidays man page for a description of # this section. *HOLIDAYS # FEDERAL HOLIDAYS ################## # You can express New Year's Day as the actual day (Jan 1) # or the observed day (Jan 1 or the nearest week day). # You can't include BOTH because once a day is marked as # a holiday, a second definition will treat it the same # as a weekend and choose another day to assign the holiday # to (so there would be two days designated as New Years). # Jan 1 = New Year's Day 1*1:0:1:0:0:0*DWD = New Year's Day (observed) # Two different ways to defined MLK day third Monday in Jan = Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday # 1*1:3:1:0:0:0 = Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday # Observed by federal employees in Washington D.C. # Jan 20 = Inauguration day third Monday in Feb = Washington's Birthday last Monday in May = Memorial Day 1st Monday in Sep = Labor Day second Monday in Oct = Columbus Day # Jul 4 = Independence Day 1*7:0:4:0:0:0*DWD = Independence Day # 11/11 = Veterans Day 1*11:0:11:0:0:0*DWD = Veteran's Day # To define both Thanksgiving and the day after, use the # following two lines: fourth Thu in Nov = Thanksgiving 1*11:4:4:0:0:0*FD1 = Day after Thanksgiving # Dec 25 = Christmas 1*12:0:25:0:0:0*DWD = Christmas # SAMPLE HOLIDAYS ################## # You can define a one-time-only holiday by specifying # the day and year. 6/2/1999 = A special test holiday for 1999 ################################ # EVENTS ################################ # See the Date::Manip::Holidays man page for a description of # this section. *EVENTS 2000-02-01 = Event01 2000-02-01-12:00:00 = Event02 02-01 = Event03 02-01 12:00:00 = Event04 1*2:0:3:13:00:00 = Event05 2000-02-05 10:00:00 ; 2000-02-05 10:59:59 = Event06 2000-02-05 ; 2000-02-06 = Event07 02-05 ; 02-06 = Event08 2000-02-07 10:00:00 ; 0:0:0:0:3:0:0 = Event09 02-07 10:00:00 ; 0:0:0:0:4:0:0 = Event10 1*2:0:7:10:00:00 ; 0:0:0:0:5:0:0 = Event11 SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-02 Date::Manip::ConfigFile(3pm)