Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only) Post 303027966 by Neo on Friday 28th of December 2018 10:17:36 PM
Old 12-28-2018
Hi Ravinder, I will make all of those for sure! Please keep the ideas flowing!

Regarding colors levels for badges, I created this css for now, four positive colors, 1 neutral (not enabled) color and three negative colors. That should cover most cases, and the negative badges will be used for only a few badges (like infractions, code tags, etc)

Code:
.mb-4 {
  color: "black";
}
.mb-3 {
  color: "indigo";
}
.mb-2 {
  color: "blue";
}
.mb-1 {
  color: "limegreen";
}
.mb-0 {
  color: "lightgray";
}
.mb-m1 {
  color: "darkorange";
}
.mb-m2 {
  color: "orangered";
}
.mb-m3 {
  color: "red";
}

Please note that in the actually code I am not yet using these mb classes because I cannot get the addClass() jQuery function to work whereas the .css() jQuery function works fine.

So, I'm not going done the rabbit hole today in search of why one function works and another does not, and will stick with badging logic (I think! haha)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Hardware

Stack Overflow Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question Ask for the explanation of types

I have read a document which tells me the following 4 things are done by the RAM embedded on disk driver controller. But I don't know what's difference between buffer and cache. Thanks! RAM on disk drive controllers 1 firmware 2 speed matching buffer 3 prefetching buffer 4 cache (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Four More UNIX.COM Achievement Award Badges to Award

Happy New Year! There are currently four UNIX.COM achievement awards up for grabs, as the say. Here they are, in no particular order: The Order of the Raven The Order of the Hippo The Order of the Spider The Order of the Dragon Don't ask me what they mean, or who who will get those... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Web Development

Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II

Part II: Current PHP file Beta 73 Not Optimized: <?php $version = 73; $query = "SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user WHERE userid='" . $uid . "'"; $usertable = $db->query_read_slave($query); $modaluser = $db->fetch_array($usertable); $modaluser = gmdate("d F Y", $modaluser); $modaluser... (48 Replies)
48 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Current Array of Badges (Beta 1)

Here is the current array of the short description of badges for the new prototype badging system (Beta 1) with 42 icons allocated (prototype logic written) and 6 reserved (for future use); <?php $badges_desc = array( "fauser" => "Total Post Count", "faaward" => "First Post", ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Patreon Badges Now Available as BBCODE at UNIX.COM

Dear All, We have a lot of amazing moderators and other very talented unix.com members who provide tireless top quality free technical support assistance to others. As a service to those long term unix.com members, I am making a new Patreon BBCODE badge available which can be posted in forum... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

My Badges Page - A Major UserCP Update (v0.661):

Another major upgrade on the new UserCP today. I have created the "My Badges" page in the new control panel, and it's looking very cool :) If you have visited the new UserCP recently, you will more-than-likely need to close your browser (completely) and then restart it to clear out the old... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
NCURSES_PAIR_CONTENT(3) 						 1						   NCURSES_PAIR_CONTENT(3)

ncurses_pair_content - Retrieves foreground and background colors of a color pair

SYNOPSIS
int ncurses_pair_content (int $pair, int &$f, int &$b) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the foreground and background colors that constitute the given color pair. Terminal color capabilities must be initialized with ncurses_start_color(3) prior to calling this function. PARAMETERS
o $pair - The number of the color pair to retrieve information for. o $f - A reference to which to return the foreground color of the color pair. The information returned will be a color number referring to one of the pre-defined colors or a color defined previously by ncurses_init_color(3) if the terminal supports color changing. o $b - A reference to which to return the background color of the color pair. The information returned will be a color number referring to one of the pre-defined colors or a color defined previously by ncurses_init_color(3) if the terminal supports color changing. RETURN VALUES
Returns -1 if the function was successful, and 0 if ncurses or terminal color capabilities have not been initialized. SEE ALSO
ncurses_init_pair(3), ncurses_start_color(3). PHP Documentation Group NCURSES_PAIR_CONTENT(3)