Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace value in each field until a certain character in each record? Post 303027942 by sudhakar1987 on Friday 28th of December 2018 11:47:41 AM
Old 12-28-2018
Thanks for the response vgersh99 . Honestly, I am new to using unix. I tried some options with awk but the results are not matching with my requirement. Any help would be appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace field for each record

Hello, I have the following xml formatted file. I would like to get the newnumber field number and replace into customernumber for each record. For example: <XMLFORMAT> <customernumberR11>9</customernumberR11> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace third field of the first record in a file....

Hi, I am new to unix and am trying to do something below: I have a pipe delimited file with millions of records. I need to replace the third column of the first record to the number of lines in the file. How can I do that. Will appreciate any advice and help. Thanks Simi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simi28
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma by space for specified field in record

Hi, i want to replace comma by space for specified field in record, i mean i want to replace the commas in the 4th field by space. and rest all is same throught the record. the record is 16458,99,001,"RIMOUSKI, QC",418,"N",7,EST,EDT,902 16458,99,002,"CHANDLER,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of occurences of a character in a field defined by the character in another field

Hello, I have a text file with n lines in the following format (9 column fields): Example: contig00012 149606 G C 49 68 60 18 c$cccccacccccccccc^c I need to count the number of lower-case and upper-case occurences in column 9, respectively, of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace field in one file with whole record data of another

Hello Group, I need to replace the city field in “File 1 (fileld 3), with the entire record line of “File 2” (including delimiters) where the “city” field (File 1, Field 3)matches city field (File 2, Field1). All of the other data in “File 1” should remain intact(Fields 1,2,4,5,6). Only field... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestport
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a field with a character as per the field length

Hi all, I have a requirement to replace a field with a character as per the length of the field. Suppose i have a file where second field is of 20 character length. I want to replace second field with 20 stars (*). like ******************** As the field is not a fixed one, i want to do the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display combination of 4 field uniqe record and along with concatenate 5th and 6th field.

Table ACN|NAME|CITY|CTY|NO1|NO2 115|AKKK|ASH|IND|10|15 115|AKKK|ASH|IND|20|20 115|AKKK|ASH|IND|30|35 115|AKKK|ASH|IND|30|35 112|ABC|FL|USA|15|15 112|ABC|FL|USA|25|20 112|ABC|FL|USA|25|45 i have written shell script using cut command and awk programming getting error correct it and add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udhal
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string for every record after the 1st record

I have data coming in the below format for each record <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><test_sox xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><testdetials>....</test_sox> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><test_sox... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to repeat a character in a field if it's a single character?

I have a csv dataset like this : C,rs18768 G,rs13785 GA,rs1065 G,rs1801279 T,rs9274407 A,rs730012 I'm thinking of use like awk, sed to covert the dataset to this format: (if it's two character, then keep the same) CC,rs18768 GG,rs13785 GA,rs1065 GG,rs1801279 TT,rs9274407... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
7 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD