Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To have a mail in tabular format Post 303027876 by RudiC on Thursday 27th of December 2018 08:43:14 AM
Old 12-27-2018
Hello wims,

pls. read, understand, and apply Don Cragun's post #8. Feel free to post here again for help if you get stuck. If so, provide (broad, and detailed) enough information to enable people in here to understand and work upon your problem.

Half baked answers (like yours in post #9) usually DON'T help. Where does the list come from - a file? An array? Divine revelation? How formatted? In other words - show data!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to export Result to Excel Tabular format from UNIX?

Hi I am working on a script in which I am firing a query on database through Unix and getting the result set. I want to export that in an excel file. I am able to do so nut the result are exported horizontally one below the other. Can anyone plss help me out in exporting the Result in Tabular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saritau3
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data in tabular format from multiple files

Hi, I have directory with multiple files from which i need to extract portion of specif lines and insert it in a new file, the new file will contain a separate columns for each file data. Example: I need to extract Value_1 & Value_3 from all files and insert in output file as below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: belalr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert data to a tabular format

How can i convert the below data to a simpler format :- cat tabular.txt User 1 Details :- First Name = Tom Middle Name = Last Name = Hanks Age = 40 Address = User 2 details :- First Name = Mike Middle Name = Last Name = Tyson Age = 50 Address = (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command output in tabular format

I have a grep command script which works fine and give the correct results but i wanted the output to be displayed in tabular format ? Is it possible to display the output in tabular format and as well direct them to some file. main script : #!/usr/bin/bash Start_Time=`date '+%m%d%y... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing query results in tabular format

Hi , I am purging two tables based on date. In my script I am taking the count of the tables purging them and then taking the after counts. I need to mail the before and after counts of the two tables in a mail in table format as mentioned in the result section. For Eg: ## Count of the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: CFA
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text file to HTML tabular format.

Please provide script/commands to convert text file to HTML tabular format. No need of styles and colours, just output and a heading in table is required. Output file will be send via email and will be seen from outlook. (script required without using awk). output file content: (sar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a blank line in between two O/Ps in tabular format which gets received over email

Hi Guys, I am stuck in between and seeking help here. Requirement: A script that will run every morning which will connect to Mysql database and run the query to inform us about the holidays (it will also check if there were any holidays during last 2 business days). So the three queries are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
POST-REVIEW(1)							   User Commands						    POST-REVIEW(1)

NAME
post-review - post/update reviews to Review Board SYNOPSIS
post-review [-pond] [-r review_id] [changenum] OPTIONS
Review Request Options -p, --publish publish the review request immediately after submitting -r ID, --review-request-id=ID existing review request ID to update --revision-range=REVISION_RANGE generate the diff for review based on given revision range Server Options --server=SERVER specify a different Review Board server to use --submit-as=USERNAME user name to be recorded as the author of the review request, instead of the logged in user --username=USERNAME user name to be supplied to the reviewboard server --password=PASSWORD password to be supplied to the reviewboard server Basic Options --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -o, --open open a web browser to the review request page -n, --output-diff outputs a diff to the console and exits. Does not post Field Defaults Options --target-groups=TARGET_GROUPS names of the groups who will perform the review --target-people=TARGET_PEOPLE names of the people who will perform the review --summary=SUMMARY summary of the review --description=DESCRIPTION description of the review --description-file=DESCRIPTION_FILE text file containing a description of the review --testing-done=TESTING_DONE details of testing done --testing-done-file=TESTING_FILE text file containing details of testing done --branch=BRANCH affected branch --bugs-closed=BUGS_CLOSED list of bugs closed --change-only updates info from changelist, but does not upload a new diff (only available if your repository supports changesets) --tracking-branch=TRACKING Tracking branch from which your branch is derived (git only, defaults to origin/master) --p4-client=P4_CLIENT the Perforce client name that the review is in --p4-port=P4_PORT the Perforce servers IP address that the review is on -d, --debug display debug output --diff-filename=DIFF_FILENAME upload an existing diff file, instead of generating a new diff Git Options --guess-summary guess summary from the latest commit (git/hgsubversion only) --guess-description guess description based on commits on this branch (git/hgsubversion only) Git and Mercurial Options --parent=PARENT_BRANCH the parent branch this diff should be against (only available if your repository supports parent diffs) Subversion Options --repository-url=REPOSITORY_URL the url for a repository for creating a diff outside of a working copy (currently only supported by Subver- sion). Requires either --revision-rangeor --diff-filename options Perforce Options --diff-only uploads a new diff, but does not update info from changelist ClearCase Options --label=LABEL Specifies the label used for ClearCase. DESCRIPTION
post-review is intended to post a review from a local repository to the Review Board server, or update such an existing review. It works differently with different version-control systems. For CVS and Subversion, the review to post is the uncommited change in a working copy. With distributed VC systems (currently Git and Mercurial are supported), the review is a topic branch. Posting it is, technically, pushing it to the repository at the Review Board server. PerForce and ClearCase also seem to be supported but the author of this page fails to understand the details. Refer to undocumented(7) for more information on using them with this program. [A more detaild description can help] CONFIGURATION
post-review needs to be told of the address of the server to post to. This can come from several possible places: GIT property reviewboard.url For example, the following command will set a repository-specific property: git config --add reviewboard.url http://reviewboard.example.com Refer to git-config(1) for the full details. Subversion Property reviewboard:url The subversion property reviewboard:url may be set on the top-level directory. svn propset reviewboard:url http://reviewboard.example.com . Perforce Counters Rumour has it they exist and can even help in the configuration here. .reviewboardrc $HOME/.reviewboardrc The file .reviewboardrc can exist in either the top-level directory of the project or under the user's top-level directory. This file uses python syntax for assignments. It has two optionalmethods of defining the repository URL: REVIEWBOARD_URL A simple variable pointing to the server: REVIEWBOARD_URL = "http://reviewboard.example.com" TREES A directionary of subversion repositories to REVIEWBOARD_URL-s: TREES = { 'http://svn.example.com': { 'REVIEWBOARD_URL': 'http://rb.example.com', }, 'username@cvs.example.com:/cvsroot/cvs': { 'REVIEWBOARD_URL': 'http://rb.example.com', }, } EXAMPLES
post a new review from a working subversion copy: post-review This generates a new draft review. Refer to the "Field Defaults" options above to set non-empty values to some fields in the review. Alter- natively set them later through the web interface. Update that review, assuming its review number is 17: post-review -r 17 To post a review from a your GIT feature branch: git checkout -b new-feature main-branch emacs -f butterfly '.......' # or ed git commit post-review [That said, I can't really follow the documentation as to how post-review works on git/hg: how does it post the last diff only?] This does not create a new diff. Rather, it updates the existing one. In the following two examples, the review was not published. AUTHOR
post-review was written by Christian Hammond and David Trowbridge. This man page was written by Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com>. SEE ALSO
On-Line Documentation <http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/users/tools/post-review/> post-review 0.8 March 2010 POST-REVIEW(1)