Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX LPAR missing virtual interface Post 303027799 by Neo on Monday 24th of December 2018 10:48:40 PM
Old 12-24-2018
Please post the output of ifconfig or a similar command on your machines which shows the network hardware interface details for both machines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help urgent : vio server - add extral disk on virtual lpar

Hi, I define 2 new LV on the vio server and run a cfgmgr on the partition and see my 2 new hdisk (hdisk6 and hdisk7). I extend my vg vg000 (on the partition) and add the 2 hdisks. I had a filesystem on the vg000 and when I added the disk I would like to increase the filesystem. But I cannot do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Adding virtual Interface on HP UX

Hello all, I want to add a new virtual interface on HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 box. I know that ifconfig can be used to add the Virtual interface. BUt i do not know the exact syntax. it some times gives plumb error if i try to add # ifconfig vif0 10.1.10.1 up plumb error: No such file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Traceroute on virtual interface

Hello all, I have configured a virtual interface using ifconfig on HP UX 11.11. When i try to do traceroute with -i option i get * * * from traceroute. i use $traceroute -i lan0:1 my-gateway traceroute to my-gateway (15.70.180.1), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets 1 * * * 2 * * * 30 * *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

virtual interface

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

5. AIX

Virtual interface on AIX

Hi, I am totally new to AIX. I would like to know how to create virtual interface on AIX machine. Thanks, Pooja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooja84k
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to open multiple virtual terminals to a single LPAR

I just wondering if there are ways to open multiple virtual terminal to a single LPAR. After I have use putty to login to the VIOS. I will use mkvt -id <LPAR id> to open console but if my friend want to open 2 second one, it will say, VT already connected. IS there a way to work this around ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingcross
1 Replies

7. AIX

Adding Virtual Adapter to LPAR

Hello, hopefully someone can help me out with this, I have created a virtual Ethernet adapter on the VIO but would like to add it to my new LPAR. On my VIO only my disk is mapped. $ lsmap -all SVSA Physloc Client Partition ID --------------- --------------------------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
5 Replies

8. AIX

LPAR tab missing in nmon

Hi, When i'am taking nmon report I am missing the LPAR tab that shows CPU and Shared CPU utilization. My OS version is 6100-06-05-1115 Topas_nmon Kindly suggest and help me to sort out this issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
3 Replies

9. AIX

VIOS: Extend virtual disk assigned to running lpar?

Hello, VIOS 2.2.1.4 using IVM. I'm trying to extend a virtual disk assigned to a running lpar so that I can expand the lpar's datavg and grow some filesystems for the user. Storage admin expanded the lun and new size was reflected in VIO right away. I then needed the storage pool to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
2 Replies

10. AIX

Startx xclock on virtual lpar

Hello, Is there a way to run xclock or startx on LPAR, since LPAR doesn't have any console or it is connected to HMC usually the way is to export the display to some PC which has Xmanager running on it, but in my case, I want to run xmanager on the AIX Lpar and run on it the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
ifparse(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       ifparse(1M)

NAME
ifparse - parse ifconfig command line SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ifparse [-fs] addr_family commands DESCRIPTION
Use the ifparse command to parse the ifconfig(1M) command line options and output substrings, one per line, as appropriate. If no options are specified, ifparse returns the entire ifconfig command line as a series of substrings, one per line. OPTIONS
The ifparse command supports the following options: -f Lists only substrings of the ifconfig command line that are relevant to IP network multipath failover -s Lists only substrings of the ifconfig command line that are not relevant to IP network multipath failover OPERANDS
The ifparse command does not support the interface operand of the ifconfig command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Parsing Command Line Options Relevant to Failover The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line options relevant to IP network multipath failover: example# ifparse -f inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up set 1.2.3.4 up Example 2: Parsing Command Line Options That Are Not Relevant to Failover The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line options that are not relevant to IP network multipath failover: example# ifparse -s inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up Example 3: Parsing the Command Line For All Options The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line for all ifconfig options: example# ifparse inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up group one set 1.2.3.4 up addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
usage: -fs <addr_family> <commands> This message indicates an invalid command line. ifparse: Not enough space This message indicates insufficient memory. ifparse: dhcp not supported for inet6 DHCP operations are not supported for the inet6 address family. ifparse: Operation <operation> not supported for <addr_family> Most operations cannot be used with all address families. For example, the broadcast operation is not supported on the inet6 address fam- ily. ifparse: no argument for <operation> Some operations, for example broadcast, require an argument. NOTES
The ifparse command is classified as an obsolete interface. It will likely be removed in a future release. You should not develop applica- tions that depend upon this interface. SunOS 5.10 9 May 2001 ifparse(1M)