Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep with wildcard
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep with wildcard Post 303027762 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 23rd of December 2018 02:10:23 PM
Old 12-23-2018
... and SysV. And all derivates i.e. most if not all commercial Unix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcard

what will the cmd below do? ls *.3 1 members mentions that to seek all permutations and combinations of the mp3 extension ill have to use curly braces, {} and not, . what then will do? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with wildcard in middle of word

How can grep G.*schema give me the result: ${Gacntg_dt}""'"' doesn't G.*schema say give me an unlimited number of characters between G and schema? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard help!!

i have got heaps of files (.pdf, .txt and .doc) files in one folder, i am making a program in PERL that helps me find the files i want easier using shell wildcard, something like this!! print "Enter a pattern: (must be in )"; $input = <STDIN>; if (The input is in and valid wildcard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard inside regular expression for grep

Hi, I'm on a Linux machine with a bash shell. I have some apache logs from where I want to extract the lines that match this pattern : "GET /dir1/dir2/dir3/bt_sx.gif HTTP/1.1" but where "/dir1/dir2/dir3/bt_sx" may vary , so I would like to grep something like cat apache.log | grep "\"GET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Wildcard search

How can i grep for a pattern with wildcard using grep? I want to identify all the lines that start with SAM and end in .PIPE IN.TXT SAM_HEADER.PIPE SAM_DETAIL.PIPE SAM_INVOICE.PIPE Can i do something like grep SAM*.PIPE IN.TXT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard for grep

GNU grep with Oracle Linux 6.3 I want to grep for strings starting with the pattern ora and and having the words r2j in it. It should return the lines highlighted in red below. But , I think I am not using wildcard for multiple characters correctly. $ cat someText.txt ora_pmon_jcpprdvp1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Help with wildcard

CD_numb is AM017 this code: set the_Firstcom_CD to (do shell script "ls -d '/volumes/audioNAS/Firstcom/Access Music/' ") & CD_numb gives me this: "/volumes/audioNAS/Firstcom/Access Music/AM017" the item I am looking for is AM017Q. I can get the "*" syntax right so it never finder... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrady
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and BzGrep with Wildcard in Search Pattern

Hello All, I hope this is the right area. If not, Kindly let me know and I will report in the appropriate spot. I am needing to find a search pattern that will make the * act as Wildcard in the search pattern instead of being literal. The example I am using is bzgrep "to=<*@domain.com>"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mancountry
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep using wildcard in a file.

I wish to check if my file has a line that does not start with '#' and has 1. Listen and 2. 443 echo "Listen 443" > test.out grep 'Listen *443' test.out | grep -v '#' Listen 443 The above worked fine but when the entry changes to the below the grep fails... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)                                     systemd-sysv-generator                                     SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-sysv-generator - Unit generator for SysV init scripts SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-sysv-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-sysv-generator is a generator that creates wrapper .service units for SysV init[1] scripts in /etc/init.d/* at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will allow systemd(1) to support them similarly to native units. LSB headers[2] in SysV init scripts are interpreted, and the ordering specified in the header is turned into dependencies between the generated unit and other units. The LSB facilities "$remote_fs", "$network", "$named", "$portmap", "$time" are supported and will be turned into dependencies on specific native systemd targets. See systemd.special(5) for more details. SysV runlevels have corresponding systemd targets (runlevelX.target). The wrapper unit that is generated will be wanted by those targets which correspond to runlevels for which the script is enabled. systemd does not support SysV scripts as part of early boot, so all wrapper units are ordered after basic.target. systemd-sysv-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.service(5), systemd.target(5) NOTES
1. SysV init https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sysvinit 2. LSB headers http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/LSB_3.1.1/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/iniscrptact.html systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)