Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Idea for New User Profile Pages Post 303027738 by Neo on Saturday 22nd of December 2018 10:50:57 PM
Old 12-22-2018
Thanks. Added to the UIM .... (desktop and mobile)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile

Sorry to I am not familiar with script writing , attach is the /etc/profile in my system , we have limit each user can only have one login in the system . When the user login , if the system found the user have a dead process in the system , the system will confirm the user to kill the previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Profile

Hi Guys, Im really new with this stuff...could anybody help to guide me ...how do i change/edit user profiile ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

refresh user profile

Scenario: a non-root user is under primary group "devel" and I change their primary group to "nondevel"; I then want to be able to give the user a command which refreshes their user profile so that any new files created under their session are assigned to the new group. What is the command for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Member Profile Pages (Proposal)

Hey, I am thinking to get rid of the old and clunky member profile pages and replace with a prototype from Brad at Traversy Media. Here is the prototype: Welcome To My Portfolio Basically, I will take the links in the user profile page and put them into the new format when I have time.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
remove profile(1m)														remove profile(1m)

NAME
remove profile - Removes all profile elements and the profile from the specified name service entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp remove profile profile-entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Indicates the name of the target profile. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The remove profile command removes a profile (and all of its elements) from the name service database. The entry name of the profile is required. Privilege Required You need write permission to the CDS object entry (the target profile entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and remove the profile named /.:/LandS/anthro/molly_o_profile: $ rpccp rpccp> remove profile /.:/LandS/anthro/molly_o_profile RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add element(1m), remove element(1m), show profile(1m) remove profile(1m)